Author Topic: A simple logon script for Windows clients logging into an eBox PDC  (Read 24358 times)

Plecebo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: A simple logon script for Windows clients logging into an eBox PDC
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 04:59:51 pm »
This seems to not be working with latest zentyal, due to the addition of zentyal-logon.bat in the netlogon share, something for Windows 7.

I ran into issues with this as well since the addition of the zentyal-logon.bat and figured out a work around for myself, maybe it can help others too.

My issue was that I had it mapping drives twice based on different groups.

e.g. if a user was in group HR it would get the R: drive mapped, if they user was in the Admin group they would also get the R: drive mapped.

For me this was the issue, and I simply commented out the admin mappings. In my environment this wasn't a big deal as I just ensured that people in the Admin group were in each of the other groups.

Note that this was working fine before the update, so it seems like it is a change in the software someplace.

I used the troubleshooting steps posted earlier in this thread to help me solve this. Mainly copy the contents of \\server\netlogon to my desktop and tested that locally. I also created a file to unmap each of the drives that I mapped to "reset" my computer. I ran the .bat files from a command line to watch the output and put in lines to help with debugging to make things easier.

Anyway, just wanted to say Thank You to the original poster for sharing their knowledge.