Author Topic: Active Directory domain name [SOLVED]  (Read 3831 times)

l00gan

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Active Directory domain name [SOLVED]
« on: January 17, 2014, 03:39:34 pm »
Hello - I've decided to deploy second DC and try force Zentyal to do the job. Unfortunatly I've found little problem, and I'm stuck. It seems it's above my knowledge - so I'll try my luck here.

I've got DC settled on MS Windows Server 2008R2, where domain is named just "GOOYE". There is no dot, and second part for example as in default behavior: zentyal-domain.lan. When I try do change domain under System->General menu, even when there is no aditional modules installed (without Samba + AD, Users, DNS) it gives me an error: Invalid value for domain name: GOOYE. I realized that it needs secont part after dot to accept this, but it means I need to change entire MS Windows AD and thats impossible. To set up second DC based on Zentyal  I need to make them work in the same domain at first! I've tried go deeper into structure of /, but I see no files containing ".lan". Before I'll install other modules (DNS, SAMBA AD and USERS) I need to set the realm... Is there any way to force Zentyal to accept single domain name?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:51:52 pm by l00gan »

illunis

Re: Active Directory domain name
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 03:53:52 pm »
have you tried manually editing the /etc/hosts, /hostname and then rebooting the system?

l00gan

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 04:02:16 pm »
Yes - tried this several times in different ways and it seems to be buried deeper - after reboot domain is named GOOYE, but something adds ".lan" and in System->General i see "GOOYE.lan". I'm wondering how is ".lan" added there...

I've 3.3.1 Zentyal with all updates running as XENGuest
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:07:23 pm by l00gan »

l00gan

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 05:36:37 pm »
Well - I'll get a bit closer to solution... I'm almost sure that Option System-> General -> Domain value is basedon file /run/resolvconf/interface/zentyal.domain... so now need to know how this file is updated on restart...

l00gan

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 06:51:37 pm »
Ok - I've made it works finally. For next generations: There are some PERL5 interpreter functions that decides if something is domain or it's not. You need to change option domain_allow_single_label to true in /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Sysinfo/Model/HostName.pm - this option is delivered to validator and informs it that single labeled domains eg. SOYO should be accepted too. Case closed

aaloise

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Active Directory domain name [SOLVED]
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 08:12:50 pm »
Does it actually work? Shoould I set it to true or to 1? The value present is 0.

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Active Directory domain name [SOLVED]
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 02:27:54 pm »
 :)

I haven't work with single label domain names before but a work-mate tells that many Zentyal services can't work with them.

Could you confirm if this workaround runs correctly on Zentyal?

Thank you!
- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,