Author Topic: 3.3.3 Available or Not?  (Read 1782 times)

Lonniebiz

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
3.3.3 Available or Not?
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:03:22 pm »
Since this weekend, some of my Zentyal servers say 3.3.3 is available and some of them do not.

Unlike other 3.x.x updates, when you click the link, it doesn't allow you to just upgrade to it, instead it goes to this page.

What's different about 3.3.3 (compared to 3.3.2) that is making the method of upgrade not be like before?

Have any of you upgraded to 3.3.3? Is it safe?

christian

Re: 3.3.3 Available or Not?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 04:30:51 am »
Have any of you upgraded to 3.3.3? Is it safe?

Good question  :)
If I understand well version numbering after 3.2, based on the new release policy, 3.3 is the first release that is "community edition only".
This being said, is it safe to install the very last community edition on multiple servers that are production servers  ??? ... :o ...  ::)
I guess you already know the answer isn't it ?  ;)

I personally don't think that community edition, on the principle and especially now with the new release policy is suitable for critical production environments. Idea is indeed to install it and test, that's the main purpose for community edition of course but do not expect it to be safe enough to go live without further tests. And do not rely 100% on others validation. Zentyal is complex enough so that environments and configurations and even usage differ from one user to another. You might be in a situation where your design is different enough to trigger issues that will not shown elsewhere especially one or two days after the new release has been issued. (my own opinion from a poor 2.2 Zentyal user)

jdeca57

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:54:29 am »
I'm a very novice in Zentyal and I'm testing in a virtual environment so I could update if only I found the correct manner. The dashboard indicates 3.3 exists, but
apt-cache policy zentyal-core says the candidate is 3.2 and software management / system update says everything is updated.
Zentyal remains a bit obscure for me. How does one update?

hjvg

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:43:46 am »
i got the same problem did not find a way for updating yet  apt-cache policy zentyal-core says 3.3.2 installed and canidate but dasboard says 3.3.3 is out

so if anyone got a idea how to update plz tell me :D

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 01:27:20 pm »
You are right, 3.3.3 wasn't properly available in the repository. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Now 3.3.4 should be available.

Thanks for reporting!
Zentyal Server Lead Developer