Author Topic: How to block anonymoX Plugin  (Read 2662 times)

mushab.mmm@gmail.com

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
How to block anonymoX Plugin
« on: December 17, 2013, 03:05:59 pm »

I want to block anonymoX firefox plugin in my Zentyal firewall. so that none of the client machine can access block site through anonymoX plugin.

Is there a way to do it. ?

christian

Re: How to block anonymoX Plugin
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 03:15:02 pm »
If I understand well (I'm ot using it) Anonymox works by performing HTTP request on the behalf of user, like any HTTP proxy would do. Thus I suppose that blocking access to web site(s) providing this "HTTP relay" will do the trick... although this is perhaps not easy to identify.

mushab.mmm@gmail.com

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 07:15:23 am »
Hello,

I have blocked facebook.com and youtube.com throught bind on my zentyal server.
the Client usesr use anonymoX and from this they are opening facebook and youtube.
Hence in Zentyal we doesnot have option to block a specific site.
I had tried with Http Proxy. But thats now working ?
Is there any way ?

christian

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 08:09:11 am »
Hence in Zentyal we doesnot have option to block a specific site.

???  Of course you can achieve it using HTTP proxy but, as you already noticed, there is a workaround, from end-user standpoint, using external proxy like anonymizer.
Game is to block these too but this is never easy.

robb

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 11:44:06 am »
I absolutely don't undrstand why you go into the cat-and-mouse game and try to outsmart users. IF the policy is to not use facebook or any other site, you should clearly communicate that these sites are offlimits.
If users deliberately bypass your network rules, tell them they are offending the rules and with another breaking the rules, cut them off completely from external resources.
If blacklisting isn't an option (because there are always more proxies than you can block), maybe using whitelists is an option?