Author Topic: Mac and Outlook 2011  (Read 2520 times)

theApeman

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Mac and Outlook 2011
« on: May 15, 2014, 08:51:36 pm »
I am having problems getting Outlook 2011 on Mac Computer to Send through Openchange
It receives no problem. but when I try to send it gives the error 17897
Authentication failed because outlook doesn't support any of the available authentication methods.

Going through the forum and other web searches I think it is a certificate issue ...
But have not come across anything explaining how to export the certificate other than the web admin interface
and when I try to import the p12 cert it asks for a password.. so just pressing OK does not work.

Can someone please help me or point me in the direction in what to do.
I am using Community server 3.4.3 and everything is updated

Thanks

Csbonito

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Mac and Outlook 2011
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 11:57:15 pm »
Well Im having the same problem, same error. I can config the email with Thunderbird but with Outlook 2011 I get the same error, I tried every configuration possible and nothing. Maybe someone can help us.

Thank you

niklasfondberg

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 12:08:59 am »
Did you get this to work? I can't get it to work and I think it has to do with Mac using exchange web service EWS and in windows it uses outlook web service OWA? but I might be off by miles. I am now on my 3rd day spending hours everyday to get it to work in touchdown for Mac, mail.app and outlook 2011 with no luck. 

maltolomaeus

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 12:20:42 am »
Hey guys,

I tried too, getting Outlook 2011 - and additionally - the mac exchange "connector" for mail, calendar and adress book working.
Adding the account works, and it seems to authenticate with zentyal - but using outlook brings no new emails and sending doesn't work too. I'm not sure, if I did everything right with the certificate (download from zentyal gui + install the installable + trust them).

Every tutorial, getting outlook working is with other versions and no one does look like 2011.

Has anybody of you a working connection to zentyal in this moment? Any news?

Best,

Martin

zippydan

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 01:26:40 pm »
I am having problems getting Outlook 2011 on Mac Computer to Send through Openchange
It receives no problem. but when I try to send it gives the error 17897
Authentication failed because outlook doesn't support any of the available authentication methods.

Going through the forum and other web searches I think it is a certificate issue ...
But have not come across anything explaining how to export the certificate other than the web admin interface
and when I try to import the p12 cert it asks for a password.. so just pressing OK does not work.

Can someone please help me or point me in the direction in what to do.
I am using Community server 3.4.3 and everything is updated

Thanks

I have this same problem.  Mac OS X Yosemite with Office 2011.  Outlook receives fine but cannot send saying that no authentication methods are supported.  I copied my settings exactly from Office 2010 in Windows which works perfectly.

GonnaEat

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 03:05:59 pm »
Hello,

I'm having the same problem.
Has anybody found a solution or workaround?

Thank you in advance.

fwohlfarth

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 09:45:21 am »
I´m having the same Problem.
Mac Outlook 2011 not working with Exchange, because Zentyal not Supporting EWS.....