Author Topic: Squid is blocking pages of my Wi-Fi APs [SOLVED]  (Read 2174 times)

stef

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Squid is blocking pages of my Wi-Fi APs
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 11:03:16 am »
Your point is wright, but you have to take into account that i work in an environment where i have to follow directions from the CEO-Owner of the company. These directions change from minute to minute, often being based in respect of the current mood of the CEO e.g block internet to the x person, but next minute gives the person an order to search something in the internet!!! Some computers can browse anything without being monitored, some have to be monitored, others have only some sites open, all computers have static IPs, except that of the CEO and some other laptops, CEO does not want his PC and some others to go through the proxy and thus be monitored, i know you must feel a bit dizzy by now... I am trying to find a solution to fit everyone inside and at the same time satisfy the CEO...

christian

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 11:54:06 am »
I know what you mean. I used to work with similar management long long time ago  ;D
That's the reason why I emphasise that your network design (such thing is never really flexible) should not rely on management needs. In order to follow such perhaps unstable requests, you should better rely on simple proxy access rules settings.

Would you want to provide access to one specific device (if "per device" has still priority on "per user" management) then this is as simple as moving this object from one network object group to another.  This is my point  ;)

stef

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 02:42:10 pm »
I think that i finally found what was causing the problem: when i was looking at the zentyal dashboard i saw that the traffic shapinh module was running for a few seconds, then stopping, then running again (although i had the module disabled). I then enabled and disabled the module again and the problem with the blocked pages was gone!

christian

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 08:30:42 am »
Cool. So if it works now, please modify your first post tilte and stamp it as [SOLVED]  ;)