Author Topic: [SOLVED]How do I configure OpenChange virtual domain to differ from real domain?  (Read 1984 times)

wdowns

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Testing OpenChange, I created a new domain, CHG.LAN, for testing.  If this works, I will eventually want to use that domain internally.  However, with that domain, any outbound emails appear to come from "wdowns@chg.lan" rather than using our external domain.  Not surprising, since nowhere did I enter the external domain.

Question: Where can I configure the external domain, choggiung.com, to be used on mails bound out of the system?  I want headers rewritten on them.  If I simply configure the domain to be choggiung.com, it will conflict with my existing domain and I don't want to mix the two.  Or must I have an entirely separate LAN to perform this testing and the eventual migration?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:01:20 am by jkerihuel »

jkerihuel

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How do I configure OpenChange virtual domain to differ from real domain?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 03:52:48 pm »
Testing OpenChange, I created a new domain, CHG.LAN, for testing.  If this works, I will eventually want to use that domain internally.  However, with that domain, any outbound emails appear to come from "wdowns@chg.lan" rather than using our external domain.  Not surprising, since nowhere did I enter the external domain.

Question: Where can I configure the external domain, choggiung.com, to be used on mails bound out of the system?  I want headers rewritten on them.  If I simply configure the domain to be choggiung.com, it will conflict with my existing domain and I don't want to mix the two.  Or must I have an entirely separate LAN to perform this testing and the eventual migration?

If you configure a virtual domain, you will be able to use it for outbound emails and have postfix rewrite emails from internal to external domain.

This is one feature we have added as part of the latest nightly builds of the openchange module.

Br,
Julien.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jkerihuel
Key fingerprint = 08BA 50B1 9EFF 8E1E FB4A  24FA B2A9 D5F3 9624 1CC2