Author Topic: file sharing module not enabled  (Read 1602 times)

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
file sharing module not enabled
« on: November 18, 2013, 05:20:14 pm »
When I want to enable to file sharing module,it shows:

"Failed to enable: Samba can't be provisioned if no internal IP addresses are set for host tt.
Ensure that you have at least a IP address assigned to an internal interface, and this IP has to be assigned to the domain cairns.com and to the hostname tt.
You can add it in the IP addresses page for tt"

help pls

robb

Re: file sharing module not enabled
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 09:38:53 pm »
Start reading here: http://doc.zentyal.org/en/firststeps.html#network-configuration-with-zentyal
then read the message you get carefully and try to understand what is happening and why you get this message.
Hint: take a good look at difference between internal vs external interface and static IP address vs IP from DHCP.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 09:42:06 pm by robb »

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 07:29:04 am »
I have only eth0 interface and configured static IP address. but today morning I am getting problem.So Again I configured graphically and also manually but link is not up after restarting /etc/init.d/networking restart. Another problem is that I reboot or used this command /etc/init.d/zentyal restart, /etc/network/interfaces gateway vanished and /etc/resolve.conf also dns server is vanished.what can I do ? Is changing IP getting problem in zentyal ? yesterday I configured IP address and after that when I used to enable ,it gets failed to enable file sharing module. Actually last few days, I was using zentyal and getting problem more about changing IP issue and won't file sharing module enable. Please recommend what can I do?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:43:57 am by ifti »

robb

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 07:43:57 am »
What modules do you have installed (and activated)?
is you interface marked external or not?

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:54:59 am »
I installed file sharing,user and groups ,anitivirus module and running network,dns,firewall, logs,ntp,users and groups by internal interface