Author Topic: Install samba & ldap  (Read 2152 times)

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Install samba & ldap
« on: November 12, 2013, 09:55:58 am »
Dear Sir,

I am novice. I have installed zentyal 3.2 and want to install and configure samba & ldap. I am searching google but didn't get find step by step source code with details information. Would you please provide me any sites or pdf ? Also I want to know which Ubuntu version is similiar to zentyal 3.2. Please help me ASAP

christian

Re: Install samba & ldap
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 10:01:22 am »
Start reading documentation, it will help you a lot  ;)
Zentyal comes with embedded Samba (if you install file sharing module) and embedded LDAP (if you install users & groups module).
Any manual installation of either Samba or DAP aside this modules will most-likely lead to failure.

With Zentyal 3.2, Ubuntu supported platform is 12.04 (last LTS) This should change with next (test) 3.3 version.

How do you intend to install Zentyal? Using ISO (in such case you don't have to care about Ubuntu version) or using packages ?

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 10:14:41 am »
When I Installed , It shows graphical view. But I skipped module package after that it not shows. So you told me that file sharing package and users & groups will need to install for samba & ldap configuration
Actually in zentyal i didn't found good articles.would you please help me.

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:44:50 am »
I installed file sharing module and user & group module..now it shows graphically. now what can I do ?

christian

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 10:51:43 am »
What do you want to do?  ::)

You can create users, groups (both stored in LDAP) then configure domain and create shares.
I don't really understand why you were asking for Samba and LDAP if you have no idea of want you achieve from end-user standpoint (which is perhaps the starting point)  ;)

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 08:33:47 am »
in file sharing module, I can't share file share. it says "File Sharing module is disabled. Don't forget to enable it on the Module Status section, otherwise your changes won't have any effect.".
If I want to enable this it says "Configure module: samba
CLOSE
Enabling the module will make some modifications to the system. Click here to see the details

Actions to perform by Zentyal
Action: Create Samba home directory for shares and groups
Reason: Zentyal will create the directories for Samba shares and groups under /home/samba.
Files to modify by Zentyal
File: /etc/samba/smb.conf
Reason: To set up Samba according to your configuration.
File: /etc/fstab
Reason: To enable extended attributes and acls."

if I accept,nothin change.what can I do

christian

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 08:36:58 am »
Basically, what you describe is standard Zentyal installation: enabling File sharing module (Samba) means to change some system conf (like fstab to add ACL feature while mounting).
If I understand well what you say, these changes are not applied... but I'm surprised you don't get any error. Look at /var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log for any error message in log file