Author Topic: [Solved]Second domain on Zentyal  (Read 3639 times)

przemekz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Second domain on Zentyal
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 10:39:46 am »
hm. language... ;)

I now this. But I would like use joomla both adress http://domain and www.domain. So, when I use html page, I cant use 2 copys/ 2 vhosts. And everything is ok. Maybe I can use other methods to use both adress. Some kind of alias or link??

christian

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 11:13:49 am »
yes, this is a language issue because I don't understand what you mean.
Can't you take some example that could clarify what you target ?

robb

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 11:40:09 am »
You can do a trick with a redirect here.
Create both vhosts,
If you want joomla in www.domain.tld then install joomla in the corresponding directory under /srv/www
In domain.tld you put a redirect index.html file which only contains:
Code: [Select]
<head><meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://www.domain.tld/"></head>
I someone goes to http://domain.tld this index.html redirects immediately to http://www.domain.tld

I you want to have different content in www.domain.tld and domain.tld then you can just create both vhosts and put different content in the directories of the 2 vhosts under /srv/www
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:44:23 am by robb »

przemekz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 11:46:55 am »
yes yes yes. This is e beatifull sollution.

Last question. Can I delete domain com (after add pozyczki-olawa.com.pl vhost). I like order.

And answer to christian (w create a long time ;)

Overall, my point is how to make everything work even though both addresses on one site. I can do two virtual hosts, but it means that two times I have to upload the same content. And I do not want to do that. For if in classic web pages in html no problem. With so much in that Joomla is a problem. Because, as will later change the content.

Off course I already have a solution ;)

robb

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 12:01:17 pm »
If there is no content that you need in domain com, you can safely delete that vhost.
Check in Infrastructure/DNS if the entry for that vhost is deleted too. If not, delete it manually.

christian

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 12:08:00 pm »
yes yes yes. This is e beatifull sollution.

Almost everything goes here.
Redirect, HTTP 301 or 302 or even, as I wrote, symbolic link.
Each has pros & cons. Up to you.

Last question. Can I delete domain com (after add pozyczki-olawa.com.pl vhost). I like order.
??? can you explain again ??? what does this mean? Which one domain ?

Overall, my point is how to make everything work even though both addresses on one site. I can do two virtual hosts, but it means that two times I have to upload the same content. And I do not want to do that. For if in classic web pages in html no problem. With so much in that Joomla is a problem. Because, as will later change the content.
This was my question !
What is your goal at the end ? This is clear now: single web content reached using different URLs that are not handled by Apache basic configuration but instead vhosts.
Same as your first point in this post then and same as already discussed in post # 26.

As explained by Robb, REDIRECT works. Symbolic link is another suitable solution. HTTP 301 can be used too (better than 302 here BTW).

No willing to generate more fuzz and misunderstanding, notice that now I understand better, same can be achieved (although this might not be easy with Zentyal due to the way conf files are managed), with basic Apache conf listening on different IP dedicated to your alternate domain. The real blocking point here could be public IP allocation however. So this is only for your own understanding, not proposal for further implementation  ;)