Author Topic: [Solved]Second domain on Zentyal  (Read 3676 times)

przemekz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Second domain on Zentyal
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 10:42:14 pm »
So I have two domains now.
www.favor-centrala.pl and www.pozyczki-olawa.com.pl

First domain I added during installation. And its works. for example I use zarafa via this domain. I want to install some www on this domain.
In /var/www i have only index.html.

My registar configured dns etc... I think both domains give me the same thinks (zarafa and others thinks).  Just before I added second domain.

I really don't now how can I divide domains. I want to have others www. And my question is. How Can I do It. Maybe something is wrong in my registar,

przemekz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 10:59:23 pm »
You will have to add a new host in the webserver section.
Click the add button, add the new name like www.your-second-domain.com and then click save changes
the folder www will be added in the /srv/ folder

Best regards
Bogdan

I think this method is worked. I check domain on my mobile (via gsm). And www.pozyczki-olawa.com.pl works. But Can I deleted form DNS domains pozyczki-olawa.com.pl and rename com.pl to pozyczki. And I see if I create domains via webserwer, in com.pl there are new hosts.

Maybe I can add domains via dns and add new host.

And the last question. www.pozyczki works. but pozyczki-olawa.com.pl (without www) doesnt work. I see  apache It works, instead www.

---------------
I change method. I didnt add domains via DNS. I added only virtual host. I put www.pozyczki-olawa.com.pl. And ebox create domains pozyczki-olawa.com.pl in DNS. www.pozyczki-olawa.com.pl works in internet (and home network. You can see.
But why http://pozyczki-olawa.com.pl/ doesn't work
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 11:08:16 pm by przemekz »

christian

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 04:04:35 am »
What you should perhaps do is to ask someone speaking your native language to translate this thread for your (you may try using translate.google.com or babelfish) because I already explained think this to you here: this is a matter of "domain IP" resulting in "*" record in DNS.

edited: typo  :-[
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:43:09 am by christian »

przemekz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 10:51:55 am »
OK. OK.
But why works www, but without www doesn't work

christian

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 11:11:36 am »
because I suppose you created vhost  like www.your-domain.com and this, as I explained previously, creates DNS domain if it doesn't exist already and also creates host entry within this DNS zone.
Did you look at your DNS zone content already ?

przemekz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 02:50:39 pm »
Ok,
when i add www.pozyczki-olawa.com.pl, zentyal add to dns pozyczki-olawa.com.pl. And hosts: www.pozyczki.olawa.com.pl (empty IP), www (empty IP) and Favor (name of my host with my IP).

Maybe i should delete favor and add pozyczki-olawa.com.pl to dns (i tried but nothing is change), and add my IP to domain??

christian

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 03:18:38 pm »
Sorry, I can't really help further  :-[
I already tried using different wording and sentences to explain what domain and A or CNAME records are and how URLs use it, including the default domain idea but I don't have any other idea that could make you understand if this is not already clear enough.
Perhaps someone else with better English and different wording can succeed  ???

On top of this, although you don't clearly state it, you are making things even more complex because you do not focus on internal behaviour first (I mean access from you LAN) but try to check it in parallel from internet that will require to modify external DNS content (assuming, which I strongly hope, that your Zentyal DNS is not exposed and used on internet).

My very last suggestion is that you stop any change for the time being, do your home work to understand a bit more about DNS then read this whole thread again with this new understanding before coming back on Zentyal interface.

Sorry  :-[

przemekz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 03:59:22 pm »
No problem. Thanks for your help. I register zentyal trial, so I think I can give access from internet, but of course not in public place ;)

przemekz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 10:51:40 pm »
So.

In DNS I have domain pozyczki-olawa.com.pl
Domain IP Addresses : 109.207.60.174 and 192.168.1.1 (the same as main domain)
Nazwy hosta (host names??) → Favor (create when I created new domain, with the same IP) and www (with empty IP and create by webserwer)
MailExchange → empty
DNS → Favor (my main DNS), created when I added new domain
TXT records → empty
and last column, services (uslugi) → There is not any SRV record
aha and dynamic domains → no

Maybe this informations help

christian

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 06:22:59 am »
In DNS I have domain pozyczki-olawa.com.pl
Domain IP Addresses : 109.207.60.174 and 192.168.1.1 (the same as main domain)
remove 109.207.60.174 that is your external IP, not required here.

Nazwy hosta (host names??) → Favor (create when I created new domain, with the same IP) and www (with empty IP and create by webserwer)
Here is the point you have to pay attention to. Multiple solutions work, depending on what you intend to do:
1 - the easiest: modify www record to add 192.168.1.1 IP
2 - expected solution if same IP is used: remove www record and edit favor record to create alias (www)

MailExchange → empty
DNS → Favor (my main DNS), created when I added new domain
TXT records → empty
and last column, services (uslugi) → There is not any SRV record
aha and dynamic domains → no

Do not change anything here.

These settings are used when accessing your vhost from your LAN (only)

przemekz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 06:48:18 am »
Thanks. I changed as you write.

But nothing is change.
www.pozyczki-olawa.com.pl works (little change, now works in lan and in internet, earlier only in Internet)
http://pozyczki-olawa.com.pl doesn't work.

Maybe I should create vhost pozyczki-olawa.com.pl instead www.pozyczki-olawa.com (and then set alias www?? or add www host??)

christian

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 07:11:09 am »
www.pozyczki-olawa.com.pl works (little change, now works in lan and in internet, earlier only in Internet)
this is expected  ;)

http://pozyczki-olawa.com.pl doesn't work.
This works now at DNS level.
However (now that I understand better what you try to achieve  ::)) it doesn't work at Apache level because you are using vhost that requires some customization. The way vhost works s that it will redirect HTTP requests to the right place depending on URL.
Apache default web site will handle everything else.

- if you create www.pozyczki-olawa.com.pl  vhost, only http://www.pozyczki-olawa.com.pl will work
- if you create pozyczki-olawa.com.pl  vhost, only http://pozyczki-olawa.com.pl will work

Notice that you can create both (in term of vhost) and then align DNS content manually as both will require only one DNS domain that will contain both "domain ip" and www alias for favor host in this domain but, because Apache vhost config files are handled by Zentyal, this will require some modification there so that both point to same web content. I suppose the easiest way to achieve this is to create symlink to the target directory. (I don't know with 3.2 but 2.2 is not very flexible from this standpoint).

przemekz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 08:52:25 am »
But If I want do create two vhost, I have 2 catalog and I should add 2 sites content. The same. Very easy, when I use static www.

But what when I want to use, for example joomla...

christian

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 09:32:53 am »
you can create as many vhost as you want with different content.
If www.pozyczki-olawa.com.pl  and pozyczki-olawa.com.pl are different web sites, just create these different vhost as you will need both. I can't see where problem his  ???

One aspect is to understand what happens at DNS level and when DNS is involved.
Then once network layer is under control, there is another step that is the application layer, here Apache, that brings its own rules and constraints.
Of course, at the end, everything needs to be aligned in order to smoothly work  ;)

robb

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 09:35:25 am »
You can install joomla or any other CMS in the directory of the vhost
If you choose the vhost name to be joomla.domain.tld, copy the joomla install files to /srv/www/joomla.domain.tld directory and follow the install instructions for joomla

I have cmsmadesimple as cms running in a vhost and chamilo electronic learning environment. Almost any webbased application that can be installed on Ubuntu 12.04 Server, can be installed on Zentyal too.

Keep in mind that the vhost is just a container for the website or webapplication you want to host on your Zentyal server. The content of a vhost is completely for you to choose.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 09:39:10 am by robb »