Author Topic: Openbox Syntax error "one or more XML..."  (Read 15074 times)

Magutt

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Openbox Syntax error "one or more XML..."
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:19:15 pm »
I want to learn Zentyal, because I need to replace an old MS SBS 2003.
At moment I'm using a test server with a processor AMD64 Sempron 140.
After I've installed Zentyal 3.2 (community edition, amd64) I can configure same services.
If i close the web panel, it's impossible to open another once the web panel, because the system crashes and on monitor appear some line.

Next time I restart the system an error appear:

Openbox Syntax Error
One or more XML syntax errors were found while parsing the Openbox configuration files.
See stdout for more information.
The last error seen was in file "/home/administrator/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml" line 1, with message: Start tag expected, '>' not found.

I can't modify anything.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:25:22 pm by Magutt »

Magutt

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Openbox Syntax error "one or more XML..."
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 11:30:01 am »
I repeated the installation with another cd 4 times, but I got the same errors.
Someone who can give me some suggestion?

Thank you.
Regards

Magutt

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 12:14:39 am »
To fix "Openbox Syntax Error...."

- cd .config/openbox/
- mv lxde-rc.xml lxde-rc.xml-backup
- restart server

jnriopel

• Zen Apprentice
  • So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 03:06:05 pm »

- cd .config/openbox/
- restart server

I also have this issue.  How does one do that if closing the error dialog box leaves only an arrow cursor on the screen?

solkool

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 03:35:37 am »

- cd .config/openbox/
- restart server

I also have this issue.  How does one do that if closing the error dialog box leaves only an arrow cursor on the screen?

I had the same problem and I don't really know what causes it, maybe something to do with the CPU (AMD Athlon x2 250)? or maybe because I have an old 1024x768 monitor? But anyway here is what I did in case someone has the same problem.

As you said, restarting after the screen with the white pixel in the middle, you end up in a black screen with a cursor, just right-click and you will see menu, choose terminal emulator from there and type the commands as told by the other user, then type "sudo reboot" without the quote marks and after that you will end up in a screen similar to that but with a blue background, I don't know if this is how the server is supposed to lock but it's an improvement.

In case the right-click button doesn't work for any reason, click CTRL + ALT + F1, you will be prompted to input your user and password (the one you created when you installed zentyal) if for some reason it doesn't appear, click CTRL + C to close any proccess running on that terminal. The last resort would be CTRL + ALT + F2.

That error doesn't stop you from configuring zentyal, just right-click on the black screen and choose web browser. go to: https://localhost:8443/ and add the security  exception and you will be able to continue with the setup. Adding more packages to your server is not really recommended but can be done from the terminal using the apt-get command.

jnriopel

• Zen Apprentice
  • So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 12:56:55 pm »
Thanks for the information.  It will no doubt be useful sor someone else doing a search at some point.  I have had to move on to something else as that was a show-stopper for me. I think I user Clear OS, but it's been too long since I tried.