Author Topic: Audio Conference in Zentyal  (Read 3204 times)

Ghilteras

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Audio Conference in Zentyal
« on: December 17, 2012, 05:40:49 pm »
hello guys, I wanted to setup an audio conference server for my office, so I setup jabber with zentyal and works great. with linux. I mean, all my colleagues that uses empathy can connect and we can set up audio/video calls/conferences with no effort.

but a lot of people is using windows and is bugging me because they cannot find a jabber client in windows that supports audio (jingle I guess). The only one working is jitsi, but it gives an awful lot of problems to set up.

we really do not want to use gtalk or skype, I'd like to set up an audio conference inside the company but the only alternative I can found is to enable asterisk and then use sip clients instead of jabber ones

what do you think? any advice?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:55:55 am by Ghilteras »

ichat

• Zen Hero
  • RTFM!
    • View Profile
Re: jabber: good windows client?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 08:00:41 am »
if you want windows and jingle (audio / video / filesharing) than your probably want something like  jitsi..
All tips hints and advices are based on my personal experience.
As I try my best to be as accurate as possible, following my advice is always at your own risk,
I claim absolutely NO responsibility in any way!

Ghilteras

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Audio Conference in zentyal
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 09:35:16 am »
i edited my post because I tried jitsi but it gives too much troubles to set it up

I switched to asterisk and I am making the windows clients download xlite while ubuntu ones stick to empathy

one question: how do I make the contact list available? I mean when we login with the sip client we cannot see each other online, how so?

thx for you help
cheers

robb

Re: Audio Conference in Zentyal
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 10:54:16 am »
Why not using a client like pidgin? It is available for both linux and windows clients.

Ghilteras

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 04:43:04 pm »
because pidgin on windows does not support audio call.

about the VOIP is there a way to diplay the contacts? I mean if my colleague register on asterisk there should be way to let me see he is connected and call him. in empathy it looks like there is no setting for that but maybe with another sip client it is possible.. or is it something that can be set up server side?

Ghilteras

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 12:07:53 pm »
anybody? I'm still stuck

with Xlite it's possible to see the presence of other people online or busy (already on phone) when I use it with elastix but if I connect with empathy on zentyal I got an empty contact list, I need to remember the extensions by heart to dial them

it would help to have them online/offline jabber style

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 05:34:53 am »
Flash operator panel comes to mind but I haven't done this with Zentyals implementation.

andrewhaun

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 10:31:35 am »
For me, I just haven't found any better solution for audio conferencing than RHUB. It's easy to use, and it's only a one-time cost (no recurring monthly fees). I also like that RHUB has everything bundled into one device.