Author Topic: [SOLVED]Strange issue: Can't open files lower than 100k in samba  (Read 1909 times)

pepepua

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi all:

I have a very strange issue. I have been creasy looking for the problem. After a lot of test I find the problem, but not the solution. In a shared folder, I can open some files, but not all. The error in the log is:

Error opening file file.xls (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED) (local_flags=2) (flags=2).

The stat and getfacl information of the files that I can open and the files that I can’t is the same. Is not a problem of permissions. Finally, making a lot of test I can be sure that is a size problem. I can open only files bigger than 100k. The last thing I tested:

I create a text file with 101K (only text characters). I can open it. In the command line I modify the file erasing some characters…  Just to be under the 100K (99K). Surprise!!!!!!!!! Can’t open the file. I’m testing with all the versions of samba from zentyal 3.2.

Nobody else have this problem????
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:35:01 pm by pepepua »

pepepua

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Strange issue: Can't open files lower than 100k in samba
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 05:05:12 pm »
More info...

When I delete the option scannedonly from:

vfs objects = acl_xattr full_audit scannedonly

works. I can open file lower than 100k. So the problem is this option??? Is a Bug?

Regards.

pepepua

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED]Strange issue: Can't open files lower than 100k in samba
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 10:38:40 pm »
The problem is the antivirus module. For some reason, the antivirus was not running. If the file sharing have the antivirus enabled, and antivirus is not running, files lower than 100K can't be opened.

So, if you enabled the antivirus in the file sharing be sure that the antivirus is running.