Author Topic: Problem syncing User Data between two Zentyal (3.2) Servers  (Read 2046 times)

simon.paul

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Problem syncing User Data between two Zentyal (3.2) Servers
« on: October 25, 2013, 06:59:08 pm »
Hello All,

I want to sync users between two Servers running Zentyal my setup looks like this.

[server1]
ip: 172.16.1.253/24
ip2: 172.16.3.2/24
name server1.mydomain.local
Services: PDC, DNS, DHCP, Router between Networks

[server2]
ip: 172.16.3.3/24
name: server2.mydomain.local
Services: SDC, Mailserver, Webserver

On both servers zentyal 3.2 is installed and all the zentyal-components are at the newest version.

server2 has full access to server1 and an additional hardwired route is set so it can reach the ip 172.16.1.253 of server1

server2 is connected to the internet and should work as webserver and mailserver(+groupware) for all users of the Domain.

I tried several things:
-- Standard synchronize as slave  does not work because server1 is a PDC.

-- With the new function in 3.2 for the component "Users an Computers" to join a Microsoft Active Directory i got the Users Synchronized but the "Mail Service" component says it wont work with this setup.

-- With the "File Sharing and Domain Services" component installed and Setup as Additional Domain Controller kerberos won't give me a ticket so i can't join the Domain (username and password are correct and the user is a Domain Admin) server1 smaba log allways tells me kerberos refuses the access for user "[MYDOMAIN] \ mydomainadmin @[Null]" see the Attached log zentyal-log of server2

Are there any other options to sync users or can you help me with the File sharing and Domain Services Component?

Thank you Simon