Author Topic: Roaming profiles doesn;t work in 3.2.2  (Read 5681 times)

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roaming profiles doesn;t work in 3.2.2
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 02:11:49 pm »
Desktop settings on logoff are uploaded fine, but after reboot and cleaning user cache windows doesnt download settings back.
Just a quick question...how are you cleaning the the 'user cache'?

If you mean deleting the users folder (example user bob, his folder could be called c:\users\bob) then that could be the cause of your problem.

If you're going to verify that roaming profiles are working correctly you will also need to clean the item from the profilelist in the registry.
If you're cleaning some other way, or referring to some other cache then please disregard this post.

packal

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 08:05:03 am »
Cleaning profile:
1. Delete folder C:/User/username
2. Delete entry of username in registry HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/ProfileList (S-1-15......)

BrettonWoods

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 09:03:05 am »
system properties -> advanced -> user profiles

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 09:17:26 am »
Both are correct, although I've seen my roaming profiles not existing in the GUI user profile before, not mentioning the huge delay in the window actually appearing, so had to go down the road of deleting the folder and the registry entry.

packal

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 10:01:39 am »
I found that the GPOs does not work correctly too. If I manage Default Domain Controller Policy in Windows 7 Group Policy Settings GPO saves, but after reboot windows do nothing (i try there folder redirection, disk mapping). If I try create another GPO a link him to domain cause does not work too. But logon and logoff scripts works.

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 10:21:33 am »
I found that the GPOs does not work correctly too. If I manage Default Domain Controller Policy in Windows 7 Group Policy Settings GPO saves, but after reboot windows do nothing (i try there folder redirection, disk mapping). If I try create another GPO a link him to domain cause does not work too. But logon and logoff scripts works.
Domain Controller policy is for the domain controller pc, not for the domain user pc's. I wouldn't expect the policy to work if you are editing the Default Domain Controller Policy. Try working with the Default Domain Policy. I never got custom GPO's to work so have had to put everything in the Default Domain Policy, which for me hasn't been a hardship.

BrettonWoods

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 10:36:11 am »
Here is the gotcha do not use rsat to create group policies or links. Use the zentyal tools.
Use the group policy editor in rsat.

You don't edit the default domain controller policy.

Create an OU add your users and add a group policy.

Can't remember if it allows you to add one to users.

I have group policies working and don't touch the one for my domain controller.
I suggest don't tamper with the default as if you screw up your default policy is also.

just add another but in zentyal

I am a bit perplexed by the addition of the zentyal group policy editor as it makes sense to use rsat and it did work until the advent of the zentyal one.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:38:14 am by BrettonWoods »

packal

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 11:13:06 am »
Thanx !! Domain Controller policy works correctly.