Author Topic: Community Versions  (Read 1403 times)

BrettonWoods

Community Versions
« on: October 16, 2013, 02:43:01 pm »
I have been evaluating 3.2 for a couple of weeks and I am generally happy.

The community versions now seem to come out rapido and I am still trying to get my head round where bugs will be fixed.

Should I jump to 3.3 and see if some of the bugs are fixed.

I am slightly confused as over the last couple of weeks I have seen updates for 3.2 do I stick with 3.2 as its not a beta?

jkerihuel

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Community Versions
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 05:39:05 pm »
Hi Bretonwoods,

3.2 is the stable release and all the fix we are currently working on or providing are applied to 3.2 branch.

The 3.3 branch is at the moment only used for Zentyal OpenChange related work, fixes and new development with regards to 3.3 release.

Therefore, Zentyal Server 3.2 is the way to go atm.

Best Regards,
Julien.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jkerihuel
Key fingerprint = 08BA 50B1 9EFF 8E1E FB4A  24FA B2A9 D5F3 9624 1CC2

BrettonWoods

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 06:10:44 pm »
There are some outstanding quirks of samba and being such a bleeding edge version (4.1 RC2?) I am not sure if its a matter of waiting for 4.1.

I have found some bugs, aphids and various other nigggles but I don't like to flood trac with items that you are working on.

Is there a current working list or would it be good for the community to post a thread on 3.2 raw areas?

See if we have the same problems before forwarding to trac?

jkerihuel

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 07:09:50 pm »
There are some outstanding quirks of samba and being such a bleeding edge version (4.1 RC2?) I am not sure if its a matter of waiting for 4.1.

I have found some bugs, aphids and various other nigggles but I don't like to flood trac with items that you are working on.

Is there a current working list or would it be good for the community to post a thread on 3.2 raw areas?

See if we have the same problems before forwarding to trac?

Not at the moment, at least not in the way you consider it.

We are in the process of working this out but I can't make yet any promise with regards to the publication date.

Right now, trac is your better option. Not the best and not user level oriented, but presumably the most accurate.

Best Regards,
Julien.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jkerihuel
Key fingerprint = 08BA 50B1 9EFF 8E1E FB4A  24FA B2A9 D5F3 9624 1CC2