Author Topic: (separate)Samba4 DC using Zentyal 3.0 DNS  (Read 1153 times)

ismaelnoble

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
(separate)Samba4 DC using Zentyal 3.0 DNS
« on: October 16, 2013, 11:16:59 pm »
so i have a very strange question... i am looking to have a samba4 DC system setup as a test. id like to be able to use services from an existing zentyal 3.0 server acting as gateway vpn dns ntp etc. im looking into it myself currently but would like to get input from anyone who may have already done this.

christian

Re: (separate)Samba4 DC using Zentyal 3.0 DNS
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 06:38:38 am »
You need to clarify what you mean when writing
"
id like to be able to use services from an existing zentyal 3.0 server acting as gateway vpn dns ntp etc

Zentyal documentation provides some examples of configuration with multiple Zentyal servers. If i understand well, what you are looking for is no more than this.
Although some technical aspects are still grey areas for me as I don't run such system, I would say that deploying you additional Zentyal server with file sharing service and configuring this server as "LDAP slave" will do the trick.

You can still use existing server as internet gateway.
I don't know about DNS because due to Samba, some specific DNS entries are required but you can still push secondary Zentyal DNS via DHCP. I never saw any feedback from either Zentyal or user with similar configuraiton explaining how DNS works in such case.  :-\