Author Topic: eGroupware calendar invitation links incorrect  (Read 5013 times)

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: eGroupware calendar invitation links incorrect
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 09:42:15 pm »
Not to my knowledge, and certainly not intentionally. I don't even know where to make such a change.

The password can be changed edigint /var/lib/ebox/conf/ebox-egroupware.passwd

wont this get overwritten once you restart ebox as it will overwrite it with the .mas file?

No, maybe I'm wrong but I'm almost sure it is stored on the egroupware database (egw_config table) in postgresql.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

Sam Graf

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 06:14:30 pm »
Thanks for the tip. Since that's where I'm looking to obtain the password I'm not sure how changing it there will make a difference. Something seems to be messed up, probably from me messing around with something at some point.

I'm setting up another eBox and can confirm that on this new machine I can change the configuration using the method suggested in this topic. No one is actually using this machine yet so I can't test eGroupWare's behavior, but once it is in use, I can check whether the configuration was reset on a reboot.

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 06:59:29 pm »
If you change the password in that file you'll have to execute "/etc/init.d/ebox egroupware restart" after that.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

Sam Graf

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 01:34:04 am »
Well ... I cannot tell what eGroupWare will do on the new machine because I cannot restore that machine from an existing backup and still have a working groupware. I was curious to see if the link fix will still be there after the restore, or if I could still do the fix. I can still run the fix, but eGroupWare is completely broken. Cannot even log in. This happens whether I restore the database within eGroupWare of if I do a full eBox restore. Either way, eGroupWare is completely broke.

This is the second time I've been left with an eBox-powered eGroupWare installation that cannot be moved to a new machine. As far as I know, the error messages are identical. That seriously hinders the value of backup/restore and of the groupware integration.

I dunno ... I could very well be doing something wrong with the restore process, and it would be nice if somebody could point me in the right direction. :(