Author Topic: Intranet Web Services  (Read 1201 times)

alifopensrc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Intranet Web Services
« on: November 18, 2013, 12:45:04 am »
Hi All,

How to not allow the intranet sites to load for users who are not logged into the domain? Means, if a normal user just plugs their laptop/computer into the network, they're able to use the internet but intranet sites will not load for them. Am i making sense? Normally we find this setup in Universities and other corporate setup.

Please advice, thank you.

Rgrds.

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Intranet Web Services
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 05:40:44 am »
I have been trying to do this with kerberos authentication with Apache. I made a post requesting help as well : http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,18568.msg72228.html#msg72228 but so far have no luck in getting the SSO to work with apache :(

alifopensrc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 05:08:23 pm »
I don't even need Single Sign On or for the webserver to detect that kerb user auth. I just need the webserver to block ALL unauthenticated access attempt. Is there a simple way to achieve this?

Rgrds.

christian

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 05:18:15 pm »
I just need the webserver to block ALL unauthenticated access attempt. Is there a simple way to achieve this?

Yes, and you can even add some profiling (e.g. either LDAP group membership or LDAP filter).
Unfortunately, this is not done using Zentyal GUI as this feature is not taken in account  :-\

You will find some examples either searching this forum (e.g. here) or reading Apache documentation.