Author Topic: Re-join Domain  (Read 1372 times)

Russel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re-join Domain
« on: October 01, 2013, 03:35:33 am »
I had some SAMBA module errors that forced me to remove all of SAMBA and re-install. That did fix the original problems I was having. I restarted one of my Windows desktops and was not able to log-in to the domain. I looked in Dashboard, and sure enough my Windows desktop was no longer in the computers portion of my domain controller (DC). I decided to re-join my PC to the domain, and with that came a new set of problems

When I originally installed Zentyal on 3.1, I created a domain admin account simply called Administrator. That account no long shows up users list on my DC. I created a new domain admin, and tried to join my Windows box back to the domain, but got an error. I then tried to join my Windows box to the domain with the "Administrator" account even though it is not showing as an account on the dashboard, and it worked.

After finally joining the domain, I rebooted and logged into my machine. Problem is it created me a new profile instead of using my existing domain profile. For example, my previous domain account was shown as "Russel.home" in the Users folder. Now that folder is still present but I am using Russel.home.000 profile.

Can someone please help me resolve the following issues?

• Why was my Windows box dropped from the domain after upgrading to 3.2?
  • How do I get the "Administrator" account populated back in the Zentyal dashboard?
  • How do I move back to "Russel.home" profile?

Any help would be much appreciated.