Author Topic: SAMBA Error  (Read 26377 times)

BrettonWoods

Re: SAMBA Error
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 07:30:03 pm »
If you are really stuck with a live system. the phpldapadmin or webmin and see if you can find if there is a duplicate ? ! last straw support

pocetrus

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 09:22:37 pm »
A possible solution is shown here:
http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,18180.msg70162.html#msg70162

Problem with DNS resolve in the ubuntu System.
Change nameserver-IP in /etc/resolv.conf to the Zentyal-Server-LH-IP (127.0.0.1) may help.

Regards
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:37:47 pm by pocetrus »

ap1821

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 11:03:33 am »
On a test environment I upgraded from 3.0.27 to 3.2 well. I had 4 test users, 2 test groups, PDC, GPO's (default domain policy and another policy for one user group), one share. All working after upgrade and reboot. At first the samba module did not start, threw [fail] after upgrading, but after reboot it worked fine. That was x64 release.
I will make more tests tho so I can try upgrading my production 3.0 machine sometime.

djankowski

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 02:54:11 pm »
I am having similar issues with samba after the 3.2.2 upgrade .  My original problem of users being deleted along with their emails has gone away.  No, my problem is that the webadmin assigns a default group 3000002 with rwx access to all the shares, but a search in my ldap tree gives me nothing for that id.  Removing it with a setfacl -dR command gives me access to the shares.  I am also getting the 'already existing' errors in my zentyal.log file.  Anyone know what group 3000002 is supposed to be?

Russel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 03:26:28 am »
Thanks paulreynand, the steps you provided solved my one of my SAMBA problems, now I am working  through the rest. Thanks again.

paulreynand

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 07:36:23 am »
Hi Guys,

I've tried to reproduce the issue. This time, my first work around is not working. But another work around i found.

step 1: Try to disable and enable the "File Sharing and Domain Services" module on the "Module Status" and save the changes (expect an error)
step 2: Go to "Dashboard" and restart the "File Sharing" module (expect an error)
step 3: Go to root shell and run "service zentyal samba stop" (it should stop successfully w/out error, else repeat step 1 & 2)
step 4: Finally, reboot and check every thing.

I've tried this a couple of times just to be sure that it works when ever this happens.

Hope this works for you guys.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:45:59 am by paulreynand »

mpjoe2000

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 07:18:47 pm »
thanks @paulreynand for your help!!!....

I'm making my tests in an old PC before installation to a real server. So i was thinking there must be a problem about the delay that some process have to respond and some zentyal scripts and their time limits (there may other issues too).... i have installed zentyal 3.2 32bits several times and must of the times just a recent install, samba was doing what is suppost to do, but i have noticed in some installations that after clamav db get updated, it starts to show errors on samba changes.... i have been using top and i've been watching that clamav uses a lot of memory ( a lot for my old PC with 896MB in RAM) and noticed that swap was growing very fast. As my hards disks are slow (2 old 40GB IDE) i started to think... why just reapplied several times the changes in samba so all theses procedures will be cached in RAM next time i'll try to apply. So far by now is working. So my workaround is:

• If you have installed zentyal on an old slow machine with less than 1.5Gb RAM
  • Reapplied several times samba changes until you get no error (at least 3 times in my case). I usually tick & untick guest access on any share to reapply changes

Notes: i'm having my two old 40GB hard disk on a linux kernel raid0 to try to gain some performance and i still need to repplied changes several times in samba must of time to get it done.  BTW, guest access on shared folders have never worked for me don't allow any user to access :(.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:54:16 pm by mpjoe2000 »

rpro

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 08:44:07 pm »
step 1: Try to disable and enable the "File Sharing and Domain Services" module on the "Module Status" and save the changes (expect an error)
step 2: Go to "Dashboard" and restart the "File Sharing" module (expect an error)
step 3: Go to root shell and run "service zentyal samba stop" (it should stop successfully w/out error, else repeat step 1 & 2)
step 4: Finally, reboot and check every thing.

Hi @paulreynand, thanks for the workaround!
I did not try it yet. Just to make sure, when you disabled/enabled File Sharing and Domain Services module you lost your shares and permissions, right?

The reason I ask is because I've already created around 20 shares each one with different sets of permissions per user/group, would be a pain having to re-do that all over again.

Regards,

mpjoe2000

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 10:12:07 pm »
@rpro disabling samba module will not loose your shares

mpnegro

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 12:14:11 am »
Can someone post the file that is in /etc/init.d/samba4 ?
When i try to enable samba after purge and install again it gives me :

sudo service zentyal samba restart
 * Restarting Zentyal module: samba                                      [fail]
root command /etc/init.d/samba4 stop failed.
Error output: /var/lib/zentyal/tmp/IwnWKGLDTJ.cmd: 1: /var/lib/zentyal/tmp/IwnWKGLDTJ.cmd: /etc/init.d/samba4: not found

Command output: .
Exit value: 127

Thks

mpnegro

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 12:58:07 pm »
I find the file in my production server and have copy the thing, now everything is ok, i can see the shares, but the guest access is not possible http://trac.zentyal.org/ticket/7380

Now I've another problem, In 3.0 i use kerberos, and the MAC users can connect to the server, browse the home folders and the shares. Now they only can see the shares, not the home folders. Have i to reexport again the /homes in the server and make a new kerberos ticket?

Lonniebiz

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 11:13:13 pm »
My windows users can't find a login server after upgrading to 3.2. Somehow, after a timeout, they do get logged in. They can see the samba share, but cannot access any of the mapped drives that go to windows servers.

I'm getting this in the log:
Code: [Select]
2013/10/03 15:59:05 ERROR> AuthKrbHelper.pm:172 EBox::Samba::AuthKrbHelper::_getTicketUsingKeytab - Could not get ticket: could not acquire credentials using an initial credentials context: unable to reach any KDC in realm subdomain.domain.com

2013/10/03 17:23:14 ERROR> Service.pm:990 EBox::Module::Service::__ANON__ - Error restarting service: Could not get ticket: could not acquire credentials using an initial credentials context: unable to reach any KDC in realm subdomain.domain.com

2013/10/03 17:23:14 ERROR> RestartService.pm:67 EBox::SysInfo::CGI::RestartService::__ANON__ - Restart of File Sharing from dashboard failed: Could not get ticket: could not acquire credentials using an initial credentials context: unable to reach any KDC in realm subdomain.domain.com

I've noticed the the dashboard says there are updates, but the update module do not show them. So, I went to the command line and updated:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

After this, I rebooted and Windows Workstation user became able to login. And, they became able to access some of the file shares located on both Windows servers and Zentyal servers. However, one of my Zentyal file shares with Guest access was no longer accessible. So I tried to remove the share and re-add it. But, Zentyal could save my changes:
http://neartalk.com/ss/2013-10-03_17:56:06.png

If I disable the "File Sharing" module, Zentyal will successfully save my file share changes, but upon restarting the "File Sharing" module, I get the same error:
http://neartalk.com/ss/2013-10-03_17:56:06.png

2013/10/03 18:31:09 ERROR> GlobalImpl.pm:722 EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules - The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba  at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 722
EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules('EBox::GlobalImpl=HASH(0x96f33a4)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x96ec694)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Global.pm line 95
EBox::Global::AUTOLOAD('EBox::Global=HASH(0x96f3070)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x96ec694)') called at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 39

Please help.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:40:10 am by Lonniebiz »

Lonniebiz

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 03:58:23 pm »
I think this might have had to do with the Ubuntu Keyrings. I've experience that type of thing before when upgrading Ubuntu desktop.

The reason I say this, is because I noticed that this problem went away after I updated from the command line:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

This somehow updated modules that could not be seen in the Zentyal's web interface, and I noticed that one of the updates had to do with keyrings.

ap1821

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 10:15:56 am »
Somehow, after a timeout, they do get logged in
If the home share isn't mounted than the client logged in offline using the stored passwords on the client machine. That normally happens if the DC is not reachable.

suthagar

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 02:14:39 pm »
Hi all (first time post)

I'v been using 3.0.2 (64bits) for sometime now and its been excellent - kudos to all involved. But this recent upgrade to 3.2.2. has been horrid at least in relation to the SAMBA module. I've got exactly the same issue and log messages that Lonniebiz reported and I think I've exhausted all options in relation to a fix. Thanks in any case to paulreynand but those workarounds are unfortunately temporary at best.

I'm tempted at this stage to downgrade back to good ol 3.0.2 until this is resolved, but I'm curious to see (a) this has been reported as a bug - couldn't see it when I searched, or (b) if anyone has found a more enduring fix for this.

The german link was tantalising as it mentioned DNS config as possible culprit but I clean installed from the 3.2 installer so not sure if that applies to me.

By the way I'm loving the openness and general goodwill attitude on these forums, a welcome change, I'm guessing its becuase most of you are IT professionals. 

Thanks for any assistance.

Kind regards,

Suthagar