Author Topic: Strange behavior of Zentyal shares when mounted via CIF on Ubuntu clients  (Read 2131 times)

thorsten

Hi,

I hope someone can help on this strange problem:

I share my mp3 files on a Zentyal 3.0 installation (64 bit) to my windows domain environment. Also there is a media server running as a virtual machine from the Zentyal server. Both systems work with charm. The OS of the virtual media server is Ubunu. I installed the relevant CIF packages and mounted my mp3 music directory (provided as a Windows Domain share by Zentyal) to the Ubuntu system via fstab. The mount utilizes one of the Zentyal (Domain) user accounts with correct user rights and password.

Everything works perfectly, so far: Logged on the Ubuntu media server via terminal, I can see, browse and even delete, add or move mp3 files within the shared folder (mounted as /media/music/). Created files are transferred correctly as the are accessible from any allowed user withn the windows domain.

Now it starts to get strange: If I start my media server package (Twonky) on the Ubuntu media server it finds just 1/3 of all mp3 files !!!. But definately the files are there and I can access them from the mount folder.

Now, one can say there is a problem on the DLNA media server - this is not. If I create a different virtual machine with the same parameter but using Mediatomb oder MiniDLNA the result is the exactly same. The same files are found / not found and displayed to my DLNA devices. Additionally, if I install any of the media server (Twonky, MiniDLNA, Mediatomb) on top of Zentyal "root server", it does find all mp3 files.

To make it more weared: I can log on of those media server virtual machines. If I copy the complete music directory from the mount point e.g. /media/mount to e.g. /home/user/music all files are transferred correctly and the respective media  server programm finds it.

Next weared point: If I add a folder containing missing mp3 files directly to twonky / minidlna / mediatomb it is found. It is like "some kind of -r option" for recursive directory look up does not work. But I can not find any pattern, e.g. the length of the complete path. Even some very short file name / path are not found compared to quite long names which are found.

Has anybody and idea what might go wrong? ???  ???

THANKS
Thorsten
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:26:22 pm by thorsten »

thorsten

Re: Strange behavior of Zentyal shares when mounted via CIF on Ubuntu clients
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 08:04:48 am »
bump