Author Topic: HELP! Groupware Config Looks Good, but can't get to server from iOS or Outlook  (Read 1740 times)

rnmikes

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Groupware configured, http://domain.org/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync gives me the log-in and my credentials work.

See config below. My config details have been changed to protect the innocent.

Zentyal 3.0.26 and Zarafa is whatever came with Zentyal
Domain Name: domain.org, no Alias
Hostname: host
Mail Exchanger: host
Firewall ports open for internal to zentyal, and external to zentyal: 236, 237, 8080, 8443, 443
Mail General Settings: Default, No Mail Retrieval Services selected, Sieve Scripts unchecked
Mail Virtual Domains: domain.org
Groupware General Settings: Outlook and Active Sync enabled, All gateways checked
Groupware Virtual Domains: domain.org is enabled
User added e-mail account: name@domain.org, with Zarafa account enabled

iOS 6.1.3 (POP and IMAP accounts can be successfully added, but Push not available for either)
iOS Exchange Mail Settings:
  • EMail: name@domain.org
  • Server: domain.org, and i've also tried host.domain.org, and also just host
  • Domain: <blank>, and i've also tried domain.org
  • username: name, and i've also tried name@domain.org
  • correct password

ERROR: Unable to verify account information.

When I send to name@domain.org from another external e-mail account, it works just fine. I can tell, because I go to the webmail portal and I see that the mail is there and I can send from it. I can receive and send mail from/to the POP/IMAP/SMTP.

I figured out what the problem is! (But I don't know how to fix it, yet.)

When SSL is on for the client, the client can't connect to Zarafa. When it is off, then I can connect to Zarafa. Sounds like a security or certificate issue. How can I correct this?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:51:03 pm by rnmikes »

rnmikes

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Although I just port scanned and found that the following ports are open and listening: 236, 8080, 8443, and 443
And the following ports are responding, but there's nothing listening on port 237.
 :o Is this OK?

zippydan

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Note that Outlook 2010 (and presumably earlier versions) cannot connect to Zarafa via IMAPs (and possibly POPs: I haven't tested) due to a bug on either Microsoft's side or Zarafa's side.