Author Topic: File Share Access Group  (Read 1489 times)

Russel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
File Share Access Group
« on: July 14, 2013, 09:48:11 pm »
I use Zentyal as file server and the majority of my files stored here. I have created a file share for /srv/test and added user Bob to have read access to that share. I also have Guest Access enabled at the moment for this share. On a seperate Ubuntu machine I have mounted /srv/test with CIFS using Bob's credentials. When I try to "CD" into /srv/test/docs I get permission denied. When I do a "ls -la /srv/test" It shows user as root and group as 1901. No matter who I mount the share with, the group is always 1901 and permission is denied. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Lonniebiz

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: File Share Access Group
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 08:45:25 am »
Have you tried joining a windows workstation to the domain, then logging in as bob, and then tested to see if you can then access the share?

I haven't tried accessing my shares with Ubuntu yet. bob is a LDAP user. Typically, on a windows machine, by logging into windows as bob, the share knows you are bob when you try to access the share.

You said you are using bob's credentials, but I wonder if knows you are bob of the correct domain name. Try using yourdomain\bob for the username, maybe that will help?

Also, just to ensure there's not some crazy quota limitation, set bob's quota to 0 (zero) during your tests.

Russel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: File Share Access Group
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 04:27:48 pm »
Lonniebiz, thanks for the help. I did mount the file share with a Windows box that was joined to the domain. I get the same results. I can get into all the other directories of /srv/test/... just not /srv/test/docs. in my samba credential files is use username=home.lan\bob. Also, bob's quota has been set to zero. I have been struggling with Samba on Zentyal for a while. I think there are some bugs. Any one else have any idea how I could troubleshoot this?