Author Topic: DHCP option tag 60  (Read 2249 times)

0oOo0

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
DHCP option tag 60
« on: August 15, 2013, 03:39:16 pm »
I have been asked to integrate a Windows Deployment Services server into an environment where Zentyal is handling DHCP.  According to the WDS set-up,

Code: [Select]
DHCP must inform the client computer that there is a PXE server listening on the network by including DHCP option tag 60 in the DHCPOffer packet.
How to do this on the Zentyal Server?  I've look through the options and even searched with terms like "DHCP option tag 60 Zentyal" and "DHCP option tag 60 Ubuntu", but no relevant results return.

Am I on a wild goose chase?

Regards

xdd

christian

Re: DHCP option tag 60
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 04:59:55 pm »
Using Zentyal GUI, you can't do this.
I'm facing same issue while trying to push HTTP proxy via DHCP  :(

But you can quite easily achieve this modifying dhcp conf file (the *.mas version in /usr/share/zentyal/stubs/dhcp/) or using hook as described here.

0oOo0

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 12:25:48 pm »
Thanks Christian

I knew there had to be a config (or rather, template) file somewhere to achieve this end.  Having opened /usr/share/zentyal/stubs/dhcp/dhcpd.conf.mas however, I find a bewildering array of text and nothing to suggest what I need to add/edit to advertise option 60 in my DHCP responses. 

# extra options - seems like a likely place to write the option, but how is one supposed to know the syntax?  It could be anything, really.

Regards

xdd

faustotex

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 09:16:04 pm »
Search for "dhcpd.conf syntax" to see shed some light on how to edit this file.  It might be relevant to your needs to consider that a PXE server is commonly identified by the "next-server" parameter of dhcpd.conf.  Zentyal appears to support the configuration of a next server under DHCP -> Advanced options -> Thin clients.  You might want to follow this up.