Author Topic: [SOLVED] Reinstalling module UsersandGroups - what about existing LDAP-users???  (Read 2730 times)

libertad

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi, Zentyalisti!

I have to change the name of a Zentyal 2.2-domain. Therefore I have to reinstall the module "Users an Groups" by performing the following command:
Code: [Select]
$ sudo /usr/share/ebox-usersandgroups/ebox-usersandgroups-reinstall

But what happens to the already existing LDAP-users when I reinstall the module? Are they still there? Are their mails still there (I'm using Zarafa!)? Are they touched by reinstalling the module?

Thanks for your replies,

Wilfried.   
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:39:03 pm by libertad »

robb

When you reinstall users and groups module, you will end up with a clean LDAP.

If you want to keep your current users, export the LDAP tree and import again when you have reinstalled the users and groups module.

libertad

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi Robb,

thank you for your quick and precise answer...!

One more question:
Are mails and attachments of the users also exported when I export the LDAP-tree?

Thanx in advance,

Wilfried   

robb

No, mails do not reside in LDAP.
If you use Zarafa, they are in a mysql database, if you use roundcube, they are at default location: /var/vmail/<domain> or something similar (I never used this, only zarafa so it can be slightly different)

christian

Definitely no because LDAP export is the result of LDAP command (basically ldapsearch) generating LDIF file) while saving mail and attachments depends on your mail implementation (are you using Zarafa or not) and will need to either extract mail from DB (if you are using Zarafa) or copy files at file system level.

To make it short: exporting (LDAP) account doesn't mean saving all account related data unless Zentyal team develops something specific achieving this.

OOPS  ::) clicked twice while Robb was answering in parallel  :-[  Robb you're too fast  ;D

libertad

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Thanks for your answers - even if they mean a lot of tricky work for me...!

I think I'should mark the topic as solved...!

Thanx,

Wilfried