Author Topic: (Printers) Issue with incorrect drivers?  (Read 1368 times)

nstaros

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
(Printers) Issue with incorrect drivers?
« on: July 30, 2013, 08:14:48 pm »
Disclaimer: I'm very bad with printers. Incorrect terminology might and will be used in this post

I'm not entirely certain what the issue with my print drivers are. I've installed a printer using one of the default CUPS-installed drivers. The exact model of my printer is not on the list but it is very close and communication with the printer seems to work, which as far as my printer knowledge goes (admittedly not far) tells me that the drivers for the two similar models are the same. (My printer is a Xerox WorkCentre 2775, CUPS has only the 2228)

Despite my Zentyal server being able to communicate with the printer, and vise versa, I get an error message when I try to print a test page saying that PostScript is not installed on that printer (which I was aware of, PostScript is expensive to procure from Xerox) but I don't see anywhere an option to not print in a PostScript format. Can the Samba server not print with a PCL driver?

I have tried to install the generic PPD but Xerox only provides an .exe and that isn't working. Thoughts?