Author Topic: Samba 4 + Zentayl Folder GPO redirection  (Read 4370 times)

Phiph

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Samba 4 + Zentayl Folder GPO redirection
« on: February 13, 2013, 11:05:45 pm »
Hi all,

My platform :
Zentayl 3.0 server with Samba 4.0, setup fine I can access my roaming profiles, and also my network share.
Windows 7 Pro x86
Windows 8 Pro x86

What I want to achieve:

Now I've got everything working I just want to make it more professional for a client, using GPO's or any other method what I would love to have is the My Documents, etc, on the local computer be stored on the server. I've tried and tried with \\office.home\home\%USERNAME% - as I trying it with advanced settings in the GPO editor.

I had it working to an extent but it was still showing the H: drive. But when I saved something in the H: drive it did not show in My Documents.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I have searched everywhere for a solution, but there is nothing specifically for Zentayl.

Phiph

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Samba 4 + Zentayl Folder GPO redirection
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 09:09:59 pm »
Anyone got an idea :)

ProNetic.dk

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Samba 4 + Zentayl Folder GPO redirection
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 02:51:57 pm »
Hi,

I know its an old topic, but in case someone still missing a solution.

You will need the Remote Server Administration Tool for win 7 installed on a client in the domain
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7887

When its installed (search the net if u cant install it) logon to a client computer with a domain admin account.

Go to the Group Policy Management Editor -> Right click "Default Domain Policy" -> Clik "Edit" -> You should then have a new Console opening -> Under User Configuration Expand "Policies" -> Windows Settings -> Folder Redirection -> Right click "Documents" -> Properties -> Select "Basic - Redirect everyone's folder to the same location" -> Below Select "Redirect to the user's home directory" - Click OK.

Now it should work.

You can do this as-well for Pictures and Music, i haven't figured out have to get the "Downloads" to work yet.

I hope this can help someone, the GPO tool are very nice(Microsoft MASTER tool) and i hope Zentyal 3.2 and the upcoming Samba release will get the last bits and pieces to work even better.
Best Regards
Dan Nimand Gaardbo
CEO
ProNetic
www.pronetic.dk