Author Topic: Download file to shared folder  (Read 2086 times)

wouhn

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Download file to shared folder
« on: July 04, 2013, 10:00:05 am »
Hello everyone!

I am new about Zentyal and I started to work with Zentyal sever and I have a problem that I can't solve. Sorry for my English, I am from Hungary.

I configured a windows server domain, added some users with permission to access a shared folder from the server. Users can open, copy, delete the files and folders. But when they wanted to download someting (with Firefox) (pdf) file from the internet directly to the server the have a permission denied error. If they download the file to our computer and then copy to the server it works fine. The same happens when they just open a .doc from the internet, it opens with Microsoft Word and the can't save this file to the server. The file is created but its size is 0.

Can anybody help me, please?

Thank You very much.

Krisz

Lonniebiz

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Download file to shared folder
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 10:11:57 am »
It sounds like the process that's saving/downloading the files (running inside the applications you've mention) has different permissions than the user that is logged into the workstation. Maybe those applications are operating under a local machine account instead of using the user's account to do these things.

When I first installed Zentyal, similar things happened to me until I completely removed the user's quotas by making them zero instead of 500mb for each account. My approach was a bit extreme, and my advise may be totally unrelated to your exact issue, so I'd wait to see what other will say about this.

thorsten

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 10:19:14 am »
Sooo....

At least - I am not alone :-)

http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,16674.0.html

This Tip
When I first installed Zentyal, similar things happened to me until I completely removed the user's quotas by making them zero instead of 500mb for each account. My approach was a bit extreme, and my advise may be totally unrelated to your exact issue, so I'd wait to see what other will say about this.

Does not apply for me: The concerned user (me) does not have any quota settings :-)

Best regards
Thorsten

wouhn

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 12:06:25 pm »
Thank you for the reply. I disabled quota, this is little bit better now. I can save jpg, png from Firefox to the server directly, but I cant save pdf or doc. Nothing happens. I tried this with IE and Chrome, IE is same as Firefox, but Chrome works fine. I have no idea why it is happening.

wouhn

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 02:24:02 pm »
As a result of some hours of trying i figured out if I turn off the Zentyal anti-virus and reboot the system everything works fine.

Lonniebiz

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 04:02:34 am »
That's good to know. Thanks for reporting back.