Author Topic: [SOLVED] FAT could not connect to samba LDAP server: connect: Connection refused  (Read 12587 times)

nextraa

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I installed Zentyal 3.1 (beta) and I'm in process of configuring things. However I ran into the following error message twice: "FATAL: could not connect to samba LDAP server: connect: Connection refused" Once when I tried to register the server with Zentyal.org

Code: [Select]
There was an error in the registration. There are more information in the logs directory /var/log/zentyal/

FATAL: Could not connect to samba LDAP server: connect: Connection refused FATAL: Could not connect to samba LDAP server: connect: Connection refused at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/LDB.pm line 196 EBox::LDB::safeConnect('EBox::LDB=HASH(0xbc47e54)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/LDB.pm line 161 EBox::LDB::ldbCon('EBox::LDB=HASH(0xbc47e54)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/LDB.pm line 262 EBox::LDB::search('EBox::LDB=HASH(0xbc47e54)', 'HASH(0xbc47f80)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/LDB.pm line 220 EBox::LDB::dn('EBox::LDB=HASH(0xbc47e54)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/LDB.pm line 644 EBox::LDB::dnsZones('EBox::LDB=HASH(0xbc47e54)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/DNS/Model/DomainTable.pm line 668 EBox::DNS::Model::DomainTable::syncRows('EBox::DNS::Model::DomainTable=HASH(0xa108860)', 'ARRAY(0xbc46604)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Model/DataTable.pm line 1504 EBox::Model::DataTable::ids('EBox::DNS::Model::DomainTable=HASH(0xa108860)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Model/DataTable.pm line 3255 EBox::Model::DataTable::_find('EBox::DNS::Model::DomainTable=HASH(0xa108860)', 'HASH(0xbc312a0)', undef, 'printableValue') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Model/DataTable.pm line 2154 EBox::Model::DataTable::find('EBox::DNS::Model::DomainTable=HASH(0xa108860)', 'domain', 'present.lan') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/DNS.pm line 658 EBox::DNS::_preSetConf('EBox::DNS=HASH(0xa0f52b8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Base.pm line 973 EBox::Module::Base::_regenConfig('EBox::DNS=HASH(0xa0f52b8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Service.pm line 872 EBox::Module::Service::_regenConfig('EBox::DNS=HASH(0xa0f52b8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Base.pm line 232 EBox::Module::Base::save('EBox::DNS=HASH(0xa0f52b8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 635 EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules('EBox::GlobalImpl=HASH(0x9770a7c)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x8a5f54c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Global.pm line 95 EBox::Global::AUTOLOAD('EBox::Global=HASH(0x976e784)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x8a5f54c)') called at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 39

And the second time is when I want to go to Infrastructure -> DNS in the dashboard I get the following error:

FATAL: could not connect to samba LDAP server: connect: Connection refused
Clearly there seems to be something wrong with the LDAP server. Does anybody have any ideas what I should be looking at?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:56:34 pm by jkerihuel »

ddfdom

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I've got the same issue after changing my ZENTYAL (3.0) IP
sharing files module refuse to start with the same error message

Lonniebiz

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
In may case, I'm using Zentyal as a chat server in a Windows Active Directory environment. In order for Jabber to work, I had to make this Zentyal server an Additional Domain Controller (one that is not being used by other workstations, but solely for the Jabber service to authenticate chat-users).

Zentyal was replicating Active Directory just fine until a recent reboot. Chat was working fine too. However, this morning, chat wasn't working. I logged into Zentyal, and saw that both DNS and Jabber were "stopped" status.

Upon starting DNS, I get the same error others have mentioned in this thread:

strin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi - I've got a clean 3.2 install, and was trying to backup the config to remote.zentyal.com (from the import/export configuration menu option), and got the same error message. Did you get a resolution to the problem?

Lonniebiz

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Be sure to install all updates from the Zentyal Web Interface and reboot. If you do this, maybe you won't have to go through this:
http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php?topic=18179.30

strin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Thanks - the file & print sharing update appears to have fixed the problem for me! Interestingly, the Dashboard was showing no updates were due, but it was only when I went into the Zentyal Components menu item that I could see there were 5 udpates pending (including this one). Perhaps just a timing issue with the dashboard?

Lonniebiz

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
I'm not sure, but I remember when I first upgraded to 3.2, it wouldn't show all updates in the web interface. I had to update via the command line:
sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get upgrade
There after, all new updates showed up fine in the Zentyal Web Interface from then on.