Author Topic: VBox - No install possible - eBox 1.1.30 [solved]  (Read 1366 times)

T@oo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
VBox - No install possible - eBox 1.1.30 [solved]
« on: July 03, 2009, 08:11:18 pm »
Hi guys,

first let me say that eBox looks very promising and I'm eager to test it out. But I need to test as VM with VirtualBox. I downloaded the latest installer .iso but I can't install it. After selecting  "Install eBox" the VM just hangs. Nothing else. I tried every possible combination of VBox 2.2.4 and 3.0, SATA / PATA disc, AMD-V enabled/disabled, different network cards. Nothing.

I then found the ready .vdi images of the weekly snapshots and tried those. The image boots but only with disc controller set to PATA and is veeery slow. With slow I mean 3 minutes to login prompt. On the same machine I can start and shutdown a Jaunty install two times in 3 minutes. So I rule out the host (Jaunty too). But just for fun I tried a XP host with VBox 2.2.4. or 3.0 with same results.

Oh, the 1.01 installer works. Should I just start there and then upgrade?

What am I missing? Thanks for suggestions.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:47:16 am by T@oo »

T@oo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: VBox - No install possible - eBox 1.1.30 [solved]
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 07:51:09 am »
Nevermind.

A broken .iso download was the reason. Finally remembered to do md5sum... So please guys and girls, dont' forget to check your md5sums before complaining in the forum and make yourself look stupid.  ;D

poundjd

• Zen Warrior
  • To your own morals be true!
    • View Profile
Re: VBox - No install possible - eBox 1.1.30 [solved]
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 04:27:38 am »
NOT Stupid, only human, like the rest of us.
-jeff
Jeffrey D. Pound, Sr.
CISSP
Still learning, hope to never stop!