Author Topic: Zentyal 3.1  (Read 7903 times)

Gilberto Ferreira

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.1
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 05:39:19 pm »
see above post =)

When I install first or second version of Zentyal 3, I make SSO works properly... Some month after, the feature do not work anymore...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:41:28 pm by Gilberto Ferreira »

christian

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2013, 05:42:34 pm »
see above post =)

When I install first or second version of Zentyal 3, I make SSO works properly... Some month after, the feature do not work anymore...

Which one ? 3.1 ?

Gilberto Ferreira

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 05:45:55 pm »
No... 3.0.X

Some time ago, between 3.0.12 and 3.0.20, that feature do not work anymore...

But whatever... Well... Enough!!! We turn this as a Chat!!! rsrsrs...

Leave Zentyal Team just do the work... I will waiting for some solution and continue work in a workaround...

Thanks a lot...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:59:02 pm by Gilberto Ferreira »

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2013, 07:38:16 am »
No... 3.0.X

Leave Zentyal Team just do the work... I will waiting for some solution and continue work in a workaround...

Thanks a lot...

I'm kinda with Gilberto on this one. The SSO did work at one time (although I did have some strange issues with it), and then during one update it stopped all authentication.
Now I'm not complaining as such, as I think Zentyal is really well done and offers amazing services at basically zero cost, but the SSO feature with squid is a killer feature.

I'm actually using 3.1 now as I had to rebuild a hardware failed server and found that 3.1 actually performed better and all the features I'm actually using (a small subset of all Zentyal features) work perfectly.

I'm not going to do any upgrades to this server until the stable release is made, but wanted to point out how good the beta already is, at least for the features I'm using.

Mad to run a beta in production? Probably. However it runs flawlessly, has zero apparent problems and allows me to configure my groups as I wanted to from day 1.

Would I advice others to run Beta in their production servers? Nope.

So thanks to the Zentyal Team!

christian

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 08:17:06 am »
My own beta shows some problems and I'm surprised your doesn't  ;D well, what has to be clear is that I didn't install 3.1 but migrated 3.0 to 3.1 (both being used as testbed, well rather sandbox to reproduce forum members issues).

e.g. if, as highly expected, you run Zentyal admin on port different from 443, when using some admin features, you're redirected to standard HTTPS. customized port is missing in URL.

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 08:21:49 am »
My own beta shows some problems and I'm surprised your doesn't  ;D well, what has to be clear is that I didn't install 3.1 but migrated 3.0 to 3.1 (both being used as testbed, well rather sandbox to reproduce forum members issues).

e.g. if, as highly expected, you run Zentyal admin on port different from 443, when using some admin features, you're redirected to standard HTTPS. customized port is missing in URL.

I did an upgrade 1st, which is when I spotted that SSO proxy was correctly working, but the upgrade did end up with some strangeness. This is when I went for the full install as I was happy to start from scratch.
I'd suggest you do the same as the upgrade path with apt-get didn't seem perfect to me.
I really am running with a stock install using "users and groups","File Sharing","Proxy" and "Web Server" (obviously DNS and Network Configuration as well). No other modules installed and it really does work flawlessly.

christian

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 08:30:32 am »
it really does work flawlessly

including non standard admin port ?

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2013, 08:33:43 am »
it really does work flawlessly

including non standard admin port ?

Only in my case  ;) which was a stock install with no config changes. As I said I wouldn't recommend to all as so many people have so many requirements, but in an install and run configuration it has been very good.
Mileage may vary as they say.

Sam Graf

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2013, 01:47:13 pm »
Another problem (historically) is people getting "stuck" in the development version.

Gilberto Ferreira

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 04:12:42 pm »
Hi Astana....

SSO works for you on 3.1??

What is your scenario? WIndows 2003? 2008?? What flavor?? R2? Standard? Enterprise??
I try to do work with Windows 2003 Standard R2 32 bits with SP2 but don't work...
Well, in one of my attempt works indeed, but just to be sure, I make a fresh installation and try again but not works anymore...

Now I will try with Windows 2003 Standard (not R2).... Perhaps that is the problem here...

Thanks a lot

No... 3.0.X

Thanks a lot...

I'm kinda with Gilberto on this one. The SSO did work at one time (although I did have some strange issues with it), and then during one update it stopped all authentication.
Now I'm not complaining as such, as I think Zentyal is really well done and offers amazing services at basically zero cost, but the SSO feature with squid is a killer feature.

I'm actually using 3.1 now as I had to rebuild a hardware failed server and found that 3.1 actually performed better and all the features I'm actually using (a small subset of all Zentyal features) work perfectly.

I'm not going to do any upgrades to this server until the stable release is made, but wanted to point out how good the beta already is, at least for the features I'm using.

Mad to run a beta in production? Probably. However it runs flawlessly, has zero apparent problems and allows me to configure my groups as I wanted to from day 1.

Would I advice others to run Beta in their production servers? Nope.

So thanks to the Zentyal Team!

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2013, 04:52:58 pm »
The setup is very simple.

It's a zentyal server running the domain and the proxy on a single machine. I downloaded the iso for 3.1.0 (no upgrades applied). Installed the bare minimum for my needs, as detailed in an earlier post. Enabled SSO in the proxy and it works.

I also installed sarg to get reports from the proxy. I can see all users reports as expected.

All our desktops are windows 7. There are around 70 computers and 170 users in the organisation.

No Windows servers involved in the domain or proxy.

Gilberto Ferreira

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2013, 04:56:10 pm »
Oh!... This scenario is really perfect....And I make progress with this set too...

But, here, I try to integrate Zentyal server with Windows 2003 server as Additional Controller and works fine... But SSO don´t works...

As I said before, I will try now with Windows Standard no R2...

I will keep update...

Thanks