Author Topic: Zentyal 3.1  (Read 7977 times)

Gilberto Ferreira

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Zentyal 3.1
« on: May 08, 2013, 01:50:43 pm »
Hi friends...

Anybody has testing last version of Zentyal 3.1??

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zentyal/files/Beta/

Zei

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.1
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 07:38:36 pm »
Hello Gilberto,

you should check the new installer, we have made several improvements, including a faster dashboard and menu navigation speed ;)

Gilberto Ferreira

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:42:50 pm »
Hi there....

Nice to know that...
Indeed, I install this new brand and solve a lot of problem that I encouter with others versions, like SSO kerberos with Proxy HTTP and many others stuffs....

And the Dashboard and menu navigation is nice too... I felt this version is faster....

Thanks a lot

Zei

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 11:33:02 am »
You are welcome Gilberto.

Glad to hear your comments ;)

Gilberto Ferreira

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 02:18:13 pm »
Hi...

Well... Everything is ok, till I decide put Zentyal server as an Additional Domain Controller of Windows 2003 Server SP2.

Now, I get this message on /var/log/squid/cache.log:

authenticateNegotiateHandleReply: Error validating user via Negotiate. Error returned 'BH received type
1 NTLM token'

And, users on lan need to put there's username and password to continue access the web... :(

I felt s frustrated!

christian

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 02:37:38 pm »
what is also somewhat frustrating s that you cross post, adding same comment in 2 different thread about similar topic BTW and ths makes it difficult to follow  :-\

Sam Graf

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 03:51:33 pm »
Test machine running. Immediate thoughts:
  • I like the expert installer's handling of local desktop installation. Good job.
  • I would like to see 3.1 somehow introduce more information into the automatic software updates option, at least to see what people think--to see if they find it helpful. Automatic updates can be understood differently by people, depending on their background. The impact of enabling that option (at least for testing and community use) should be clearly understood.
Have to install more stuff to do real exploration, but so far, so good. 8)

Sam Graf

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 06:37:48 pm »
Question about the IPS module: If a person is unfamiliar with the attack classifications, is there a place where their descriptions can be read? I'm thinking especially of the option to block and knowing which attack classifications it might make sense to set to block during deployment.

Sam Graf

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 08:14:25 pm »
Just to note (at this early stage) that Monitoring returns page not found.

papajulio

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 12:54:35 pm »
Thanks Sam, already reproduced and reported so we can fix it. http://trac.zentyal.org/ticket/6652
--
Julio José García Martín - QA Engineer

Sam Graf

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 04:53:23 pm »
Thank you. Now a question about logs and events. I have the Log observer, State, and Service events enabled. If I understand correctly, the Log observer event should insert into the Events log other qualifying log entires, such as antivirus update and IPS log entries.

There are no IPS entries in the IPS log (I want to investigate that separately) but there are antivirus updates. But so far only State events are in the Events log. Am I missing something on the configuration side or misunderstand how the Events log works?

fedotov_andrey

• Zen Warrior
  • zentyal.su
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 08:31:38 pm »
how to upgrade 3.0 to 3.1?

Gilberto Ferreira

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 08:50:35 pm »
hum... I think that is not possible, because 3.1 is a beta version... So you need download de iso and install entire system....

cheers..

christian

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 09:01:29 pm »
I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1 as easily as changing settings in /etc/atp/sources.list
So far the only visible problem is web server (apache) not starting because conflicting with Nginx. So not a big issue.

again and again, 3.1 is beta so do not complain because this is not yet stable  ;)

Gilberto Ferreira

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 09:04:11 pm »
I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1 as easily as changing settings in /etc/atp/sources.list
So far the only visible problem is web server (apache) not starting because conflicting with Nginx. So not a big issue.

again and again, 3.1 is beta so do not complain because this is not yet stable  ;)

That's right Christian...

I don't thought about changing source.list....

Thank you...