Author Topic: "Official eBox documentation available in Spanish (English translators wanted)  (Read 5654 times)

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
Hello dear community,

We have just published our official (Work In Progress) documentation for upcoming 1.2 release [1]. Unfortunately, we don't have this useful information available in English. If you are fluent in Spanish and you are eager to translate this documentation to English, we will be very grateful for that effort.

If you are interested to do so, don't hesitate to reply this topic or contact directly to our beloved development team :D.

Kind Regards,

[1] http://doc.ebox-platform.com
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 12:05:03 pm by javi »
My secret is my silence...

clicerioneto

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Spanish - English translators wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 01:53:37 pm »
Great Sixstone... Thanks.

poundjd

• Zen Warrior
  • To your own morals be true!
    • View Profile
Guys, I installed Google's "Google Toolbar" for IE and with it I can click on a button and it is translated into English (My language) I have been reading the postings in the Spanish forum for the last few days and it is not perfect but it is quite workable.

I followed the link to the document and web page while the translation was not always perfect English it was quite readable and would only take a little proof reading to be ready to post. I was quite amazed by it. Give it a try!
 -jeff

I translated the page and saved the text.  it is attached.
-jeff
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 05:36:02 pm by poundjd »
Jeffrey D. Pound, Sr.
CISSP
Still learning, hope to never stop!

poundjd

• Zen Warrior
  • To your own morals be true!
    • View Profile
you know if someone could post a single web page with all of the Spanish documentation somewhere, i could then translate it all at one time.

The problem with this is that formating is not preserved in the text files that are saved.  It does look the same on the webpage but what you can cut and past to a document has no formating information.

So if the documentation set was in a single webpage, we would translate it useing google, then proof it and start building the formated documentation from that text base.  This would greatly improve the process I think.

Post back with your comments
-jeff
Jeffrey D. Pound, Sr.
CISSP
Still learning, hope to never stop!