Author Topic: Zentyal 3.1 installer and packages are already available!  (Read 5635 times)

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Zentyal 3.1 installer and packages are already available!
« on: May 08, 2013, 08:02:23 pm »
Hi Zentyal community,

We're glad to announce the availability of the first Zentyal 3.1 packages and installer. You can download the new installer for 32- and 64-bit architectures from our Beta Downloads page. You can also install the 3.1 packages on an existing Ubuntu Server 12.04 following the instructions on our Installation Guide.

Zentyal 3.1 is a development version and it will become Zentyal 3.2 (next stable release) in September 2013. Until then we are going to frequently release new versions so you can help us testing the new features and improvements.

The highlights of this first beta are:
  • New IPS module
  • L2TP support in the IPsec module
  • Faster Zentyal administration interface!
  • New headless (remote administration only) installation in the expert mode
  • Faster boot due to better management of daemons
We are looking forward for your feedback, and don't hesitate to report any problem you encounter!

In general, please remember that Zentyal 3.1 is a beta version and it is not intended for production environments. Having said that, we greatly appreciate your help in testing this version in order to make Zentyal 3.2 the best release ever!
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

Sam Graf

Re: Zentyal 3.1 installer and packages are already available!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 08:40:43 pm »
Thank you for the announcement!

I hope the community (and I'm talking especially to myself) will take seriously the contribution that can be made to Zentyal through beta testing. The development team can't test every possible implementation and can't anticipate all possible user expectations. And surely we can give back to the project in this way; even if we can't contribute a line of code, we can provide the results of our hands-on experience to the developers. And that has to be helpful feedback.

I've got a test machine ready set aside, and the time has come to put it to use. Come join the fun! ;D