Author Topic: [SOLVED] How to edit access denied page?  (Read 18171 times)

mat1_8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: How to edit access denied page?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 07:59:33 am »
Bump

mat1_8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 01:44:54 pm »
Christian don't know if you're reading this but apparently the configuration done from Zentyal affects squid rather than Dansguardian. In other words the blacklists categories are listed in the squid configuration file instead of Dansguardian. This means I think I need to edit the way Zentyal works?

christian

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 02:05:32 pm »
yes I'm indeed reading  ;D

So this is what I guess few posts before  8)
This means that you have to customize both Squid and Dansguardian
- Dansguardian for content filtering
- Squid for blacklists (but you may not get any category here if this concept is not handled by Squid)

mat1_8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 02:08:51 pm »
Exactly which means that I want Dansguardian to do both content filtering and blacklists. For example if I go to facebook.com which is blacklisted by the category social networking, first it will be checked by Dansguardian and if it is OK, it will be passed on to Squid. If it is not, it is stopped by Dansguardian telling the user access denied + which category that website is.

Also not to forget in my configuration I have groups, users and time restrictions :S. In the GUI of Zentyal it is very easy to do but to do them manually in Dansguardian its going to take some time :S.

christian

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 02:20:02 pm »
Not being Zentyal 3.0 expert, I'm afraid I can't really help further (I'm not running it)
If this is designed so that list of denied pages is managed by Squid, you can't do that in Dansguardian.

Strange however.
Let me have a look and I'll come back to you here.

mat1_8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 02:21:27 pm »
Thanks a lot Christian you always help me out I appreciate that :)

christian

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 02:37:10 pm »
indeed, adding rule in "domain category" adds ACL in squid.conf

So you have 2 choices, as far as I understand:
- either you try to hack deeply Zentyal so that domain and URL control is delegated to Dansguardian (I would not do this without closer investigation
- or, easier, you lightly hack squid.conf to display custom error page when acl controlling social networking is involved (using deny_info ERR_PAGE_NAME acl_name) syntax

However if you have a lot of different categories and do want to stick on this approach, this can be painful or at least heavy.

christian

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 02:41:32 pm »
One additional comment so that there is no confusion:
I was not aiming that having Dansguardian using Shallalist would be complex nor heavy. What I meant to say is that Zentyal GUI is, for what I understand, not built to achieve this thus if you want to do this still using GUI, this might be heavy.

mat1_8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 02:51:26 pm »
Hmm right so that's why this topic was moved to addons then. Well hopefully an update would be done to have this "problem" solved. Christian in a later post you told me that in Zentyal 2.0, when a website is blocked, you are given the category right? Is there a way that I could download it please? I don't think the update will be done immediately since it could take time for developers and at least I could work with Zentyal 2.0. Thanks

christian

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 02:57:17 pm »
Hmm right so that's why this topic was moved to addons then.

I suppose  ;)
I would have suggested to assess whether my proposal is fully valid or not... but you're welcome to tell us once done isn't it  ;D

Christian in a later post you told me that in Zentyal 2.0, when a website is blocked, you are given the category right? Is there a way that I could download it please?

When I wrote this, I didn't realize that "filtering" feature was split in 3.0 and misunderstood your expectation.
In 2.x, this "categorized domain" concept doesn't even exist. So better for you to stay with 3.0 if you need this feature.

Sam Graf

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 03:05:13 pm »
Well hopefully an update would be done to have this "problem" solved.

If this is a "problem" the more appropriate places to take it up would be either the idea tracker or the bug tracker. If this is a preference issue and you want to work out a solution and share it with others, this forum is the place to start.

mat1_8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 03:15:51 pm »
Hmm I do not know if I will be able to do this since it is quite heavy as Christian explained :(. It would be a really great feature in Zentyal especially since editing the code manually is very difficult since you need to be careful.

At least by this way I know that the thing is coming from Zentyal rather than from my configuration. Unfortunately I do not have so much knowledge of programming because in that case I would try to amend the code myself and post an update on this forum. If I can be of any help do not hesitate to contact me thanks :)

Sam Graf

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 03:20:57 pm »
It would be a really great feature in Zentyal...

Then the best option is to suggest it in the idea tracker. That way you can still contribute to the project (by making a formal proposal for a new feature) without writing a single line of code.

mat1_8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 03:24:30 pm »
Will be posting that now Sam :)

mat1_8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 04:42:45 pm »
Hi Christian, I have installed zentyal 2.2 just to test and at least it is showing a text box category but it shows as N/A. I am attaching a screenshot :). Thanks