Author Topic: Internet disconnects sometimes with Zentyal (Gateway)  (Read 1308 times)

mob_dream

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Internet disconnects sometimes with Zentyal (Gateway)
« on: March 26, 2013, 01:44:43 pm »
Hello Everyone,
First of all I really would like to thank Zentyal as a product, team, company and organization it really seems a good solution.

I have been using Zentyal for a while as gateway (sharing internet only) and everything was perfect. But for some days I'm facing this problems that it hangs while browsing internet. When I request google.com for example it browser keeps looking then when I press again it comes and so on.

Please help and thank you in advance,

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Internet disconnects sometimes with Zentyal (Gateway)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 01:53:26 pm »
Hi there:

Sound like a DNS issue... Does it happens if you request the IP address directly?

Which are the DNS servers you are using. Setting 8.8.8.8 as primary resolver does solves your issue?

christian

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 02:08:36 pm »
Setting 8.8.8.8 as primary resolver does solves your issue?

Setting DNS, yes but where  ???

What I want to highlight with this slightly provocative question (sorry for that) is that if you use transparent proxy, then name is resolved client side while if explicit proxy is used, name is solved proxy side.
If client solves this name, it may rely on Zentyal DNS... or not, therefore my point  ;)

mob_dream

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 09:14:27 am »
Thank you so much everyone... problem solved.

Regards,

christian

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 10:41:31 am »
What would REALLY help would be that you told us what your problem was and how you solved it. Then please stamp first post as [SOLVED]   ;)