Author Topic: Zentyal dashboard slow and unresponsive [SOLVED]  (Read 5797 times)

Sam Graf

Re: Zentyal dashboard slow and unresponsive [SOLVED]
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 03:25:02 pm »
Interestingly, when using Safari, the login screen warns me that I should be using Firefox as it's the only officially supported browser. I don't see this warning in Chrome or IE.

Until v3, Zentyal supported "only" Firefox. I used iOS Safari pretty freely without problems, but the Firefox warning served well in the case of IE, which truly wasn't supported. The developers seem to have opted for a different AJAX library or something given that the Zentyal interface works better across browsers than before.

fatbob

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 07:28:17 pm »
I see exactly the same symptoms!! Only with chrome over an internet connection (in my case vpn)

That message you saw in safari it would indicate that they only test against firefox. Consequently they are very unlikely to do anything about chrome issues. Might be worth pointing out to them that the message doesn't appear in other browsers but I think the solution (that works for me anyway) is just to use firefox

btw am also a web dev and I have experienced some js related issues with chrome. I think it was to do with openlayers though which is a js mapping control we use. Nevertheless it illustrates that it's not just IE that causes frustrating problems, it seems we can't take other browsers for granted either.

madalin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Personal blog
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 12:21:04 am »
I can also confirm the issue. It seems to be related only to Chrome. Guys ? Have a look at this ?:)
May the force be with you.

guza91ns

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 08:51:54 am »
sry if I necro the thread...to me this is what is happening right now. On every browser any OS any PC mobile phone etc that I try to login..

Locally (working on the server itself) it works perfect , its just the remote login to it that is sluggish as hell..Any ideas as to what else could cause something like this ?

started happening a few days ago ...before that it all worked perfectly well.

It is a dual-core micro-tower server equipped with SSDs as the best hardware solution, and I went with the tried-and-tested combo of Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS + postfix + dovecot as the software basis.

Never had this issue before so I am wondering what could have caused it ?

EDIT : So i managed to fix my issue..
The problem for me was due to several things
TLDR check your whitelisting graylisting blacklisting etc due to the fact that my queue was having enourmous amounts of emails since a spam attack from multyple sources ...after finally resolving it , it works better altough sometimes its slower then before so i suspect I will have to do a bit of minor tweaking still.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:50:52 am by guza91ns »