Author Topic: Captive Portal problems  (Read 1353 times)

webwab5

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Captive Portal problems
« on: March 11, 2013, 02:52:10 am »
Good day!

We updated our Captive Portal to version 3.0.2 last week, but it seems the portal is not working properly. The following are the problems we encountered frequently:
1. After login to the portal, when you click the link to the "Continue to your desired destination", the page endlessly redirect back to the "You have login successfully...click here etc etc" page but this time around the "continue to your desired destination" link is missing.
2. There are cases also that the user is brought directly to the web page without him login to the Portal.

What could be the problem? So far, we configured 8 computers to use the portal but it seems the portal behaviour is very erratic. Could it be that the Community Edition limits only 2 users to login at a time? BTW, we utilize HTTP Proxy (not transparent).

Thank you!

Sam Graf

Re: Captive Portal problems
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:13:23 pm »
As far as user limits, there is no limitation unique to the Zentyal Community Edition that I know of. But I think it's the case that each user has to have a unique session. In other words, having multiple simultaneous users requires multiple accounts, and logging out is important, to free the session. That seemed to be my experience at any rate.

That said, there have been other reports of erratic captive portal behavior so it seems that there is a genuine issue somewhere. To my knowledge, no one has been able to hit on a scenerio that could be reproduced and usefully reported as a bug. It's possible that I missed a bug report, of course. :-[