Author Topic: [SOLVED] Zentyal 3: Strange behaviour of samba after fresh install  (Read 1469 times)

zentypenguin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hallo all,

I did a fresh install of Zentyal 3 last weekend to create a productivity server after playing around weeks with the system. I did it twice, same result.

My last test installation 2 weeks ago seemed to work, my windows 7 client could join the domain as expected (after months of trouble).

Now 2 weeks later, nothing works. Samba does not create log files as expected. log.nmbd and log.smbd are missing, just only samba.log was found in /var/log/samba/.
When I did a nmap localhost, I couldn't find port 137 an 138. Shouldn't they be present?
I compared the configuration templates in the "stubs"-folder and the new file differs in comparison to the old file, I found in my old installation from 2 weeks ago. For example wins support is missing and because of that, it's set to no (default). Checked with testparm.

And, at least, joining of the domain is not possible, of course.

Core version 3.0.14, zentyal-samba version 3.0.14, as everything is up-to-date.

Does anybody has a hint, what might be goes wrong again?

Thank you very much,

zentyalpenguin
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:06:53 pm by zentypenguin »

mamra

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3: Strange behaviour of samba after fresh install
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:09:49 am »
samba logs are in /opt/samba4/var now
And please update zentyal modules... ;)

zentypenguin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3: Strange behaviour of samba after fresh install
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 09:06:27 pm »
Hi!

Thanks a lot! That was really confused to me.

And the "missing" ports were found by scanning the udp ports ;-)

Being up-to-date (for the moment ;-) )

Btw. I think, I have a problem with me pre installed Windows 7. There was no problem joining the domain with a fresh test installation in a virtual environment using virtualbox. The prompt to enter the domain admins credentials came at once and the greeting message as expected. Maybe some problems with the network adaptor configuration? >:(

zentyalpenguin