Author Topic: -SOLVED- DNS problem to add Zentyal as aditional controller to domain  (Read 1543 times)

fgonz8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
I'm trying to add a Zentyal 3.0 as additional domain controller in a Windows 2003 domain or higher.

I have installed the modules "users and groups" and "file sharing".

In Network-> DNS and IP 127.0.0.1 I have two DC who make the AD DNS function.

In DNS -> Domain (I have defined my domain and discharged the DC Windows and Zentyal Proper)

The issue is that the Windows DC I can ping it without problems, because I have it set to hostnames, but the other computers in the domain, I get message "unknow host anyhostname.domain.com"

I do not know that's what I have ill-defined, as in the DNS client level, I have set the Windows DNS domain.

I tried even add in DNS-> Forwarders, the DC of Windows, but nothing the same behavior.

I think that this is a previous problem to solve to have an additional DC on my domain.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:57:54 pm by fgonz8 »

christian

Re: DNS problem to add Zentyal as aditional controller to domain
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 12:48:14 pm »
Based on what you describe, and assuming I guess correctly, I don't understand why title looks related to domain controller while behaviour looks related to dynamic DNS (linked to DHCP ?)

Could you please clarify this ?

fgonz8

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
-SOLVED- Re: DNS problem to add Zentyal as aditional controller to domain
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:57:04 pm »
I found the problem to the issue of DNS.

The theme is change the order of the file \ etc \ resolv.conf

Place 127.0.0.1 end-this is an issue that does not allow it from the web interface and do not understand why not.

Now I can resolve all domain computers.

I think that it's basic that que new zentyal (DC) can resolve to the other host of domain.