Author Topic: can't configure proxy filtering SOLVED  (Read 2025 times)

xorred

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
can't configure proxy filtering SOLVED
« on: May 29, 2009, 11:03:28 pm »
Ok, here's my setup.
ebox:
eth0: 192.168.1.100
eth1: 192.168.56.100
IP addresses configured via /etc/network/interfaces

Client: 192.168.56.50

Firewall enabled, squid enabled, firewall module configuration not touched.  Object "Allow" created, ip address 192.168.56.1/32 added in members.
HTTP proxy module: object "Allow" added, default policy - filter, domain filtering - strict, only one domain set as "allowed", checkbox "don't allow any non-listed domains" NOT ticked.

So.... With that as setting, by setting the proxy on the client to be 192.168.56.100:3128, I can't connect.

Then, I go to Networking module settings, select eth0, select Static, set it as 192.168.1.100, tick "external" save, and now NO way I can even access the ebox... why? And.. really need help configuring the proxy, I thought with my configuration it would work fine?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:43:03 pm by xorred »

xorred

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: can't configure proxy filtering
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 11:16:31 pm »
I edit my /etc/network/interfaces by hand (after UI messed it up), now they include eth0's GW and eth1's static settings. When I disable Firewall with /etc/init.d/ebox firewall stop, filtering works (err, not really , but at least shows the "Access denied contact admin" which is a little progress.

The question is: why with firewall enabled, I can't see this message?

xorred

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: can't configure proxy filtering
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 11:20:07 pm »
Now, I have the domain www.dir.bg allowed, the object called "Allow" is there, I set up this object to be always "Allowed" in http - Objects menu, then in Domain filter, this domain is allowed, and the 2 checkboxes are not ticked, I still get "Access Denied" for this and every other domain I access from the client... weird.. and still don't get it why with firewall enabled, I can't even access the proxy (get a timeout) when try to browse through it...

----------EDIT-----------SOLVED-----------------

So my problem was in Networking module. I had to configure all from there, instead of the /etc/network/interfaces, also add gateway for my both NICs.

Now all works. Gosh, that was hard to find as a reason!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:42:50 pm by xorred »