Author Topic: Max number of users in proxy filter groups?  (Read 5148 times)

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Max number of users in proxy filter groups?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 12:28:30 pm »
agreed, as I'd already tested that through the user interface.
It's just I've finally got a chance to break things again and see what shows so I thought I'd list all the tests/logs I could just in case it sheds any light on the subject!

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2013, 03:24:37 pm »
Quick update.

I've setup a new test server at home in a virtual machine with the same setup as the one at work. Unfortunately it works perfectly :(

Is there any way to copy all the users and all the configurations over from the live server to the test one to see if I can reproduce in a safe enviornment?

Javier Amor Garcia

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 12:17:28 pm »
You can use the import/export configuration feature for that. To avoid any surprise the receiver of the configuration must have enabled the same modules, also before saving changes check your network interfaces and make any change required for the different network location.

However, for keeping size reasonable, the categorized domains lists are not copied in the backup. I don't think that this affect your scenario.

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 01:18:03 pm »
Just a bump to say this is an ongoing problem, however it has morphed into no user information being presented to squid1/dansguardian/squid2 :(
I set up the same server at home in a virtual machine and could not get the authentication to break.
I then restored the config from the work server and have managed to get the problems occuring again, I'm quite happy with this progress at least.
Somehow the whole squid auth with kerberos is failing.
I'm trying to get the info from the logs, but so far no luck.

kernevil

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 05:31:07 pm »
Hi astana,

could you check if the users having problems are defined in the file /etc/dansguardian/lists/filtergroupslist?

astana

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 10:01:22 am »
Hi astana,

could you check if the users having problems are defined in the file /etc/dansguardian/lists/filtergroupslist?

Unfortunately as I only have one list now the filtergrouplist is empty.
I'll try to set the groups up on my test server and give you feedback, but I'm not sure it will be helpful as both the live server and test server both fail to authenticate any user through the squid proxy ( I somehow went from users authenticating but some failing to authorise to none authenticating).

As soon as I can track down and fix why this is happening I'll be able to get back on track with the topic.