Author Topic: Group Policy Problems  (Read 3037 times)

ocdpfsas

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Group Policy Problems
« on: March 21, 2013, 08:49:42 pm »
Hey guys. I've been using my Zentyal PDC for a while and everything is working fine other than Group Policy. When I try to issue gpupdate /force on any machine with any user, I always get this error:

Updating Policy...

User Policy update has completed successfully. Computer policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors where encountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file
mydomain.lan\SysVol?\mydomain.lan\Policies\{AC770D9E-2E0F-4645-AACB-91B02C8F6825}\gpt.ini

from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy settings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following:

a) Name Resolution/Network? Connectivity to the current domain controller.

b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller has not replicated to the current domain controller).

c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.

I've double checked permissions and DNS and everything seems to be properly configured. I've found a few posts about this problem but not since the last Samba release... I ran a GPRESULT report and it just shows "Access Denied". This doesn't make sense to me; I'm using a domain admin account who has full control over the sysvol share.

I reopened the trac ticket here (http://trac.zentyal.org/ticket/5979) but I was hoping someone here may have some recommendations.

Thanks!

Luke

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Group Policy Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 11:02:24 am »
Hi!

I have exactly the same problem.

ocdpfsas

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 06:27:12 pm »
This has quickly become a stop-of-work issue for my domain... I've tried everything I could think of and followed all documentation I could find with no positive results. I really don't want to reinstall so if I can't get this fixed fairly soon, it doesn't look like I can continue using Zentyal...

Does anyone have any other recommendations or ideas??

ocdpfsas

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 06:18:39 pm »
27 updates installed since the opening of this thread and still no fix. This is an easily reproducible bug that is apparently affecting numerous users.