Author Topic: February 12th, Zentyal Community Council (Getting community more involved)  (Read 4177 times)

figarocorso

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
Next Tuesday (February 12th) a online Zentyal Community Council will be held.

When: TUE February 12th 2013, 21:00 CET (Show your local time)
Estimated duration: 40 minutes
Where: IRC channel #zentyal-council at freenode.net
Who: This meeting is free for all to attend, however, only ZCC members will have the ability to vote on decisions to be taken.

If you don't have an IRC client you can join through your webbrowser:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=zentyal-council

You can find the agenda and Minutes of previous ZCC meeting on the Community Council Page in TRAC. The duration of this event will be shorter that prior ones because we would like to improve online meetings productivity.
You can also find the agenda and Minutes of previous ZCC meeting on the Community Council Page in TRAC.

/edit by robb: updated timeanddate URL
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:16:36 pm by robb »
Miguel (Miky) Julián Ramos - Developer
Zentyal - Active Exchange
www.zentyal.com

figarocorso

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
Re: February 12th, Zentyal Community Council (Getting community more involved)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:17:58 pm »
I just have written the minutes of the last ZCC. As you can see, we, the people who were yesterday at the IRC channel, did some kind of brainstorming. Next steps will be the debate and prioritization of those ideas, and becoming them into small and affordable tasks.

Feel free to add some new ideas that will be taken into consideration. But please, it is not yet time for debate. Just add ideas (if any) and don't opine or jugde them.

Thank you all!

2. Getting community more involved (Ideas? Tools? Join the "brain"storming) miky_jr: I wrote that on the agenda to obtain today many ideas, just only ideas. I'll write the minutes asap (tomorrow morning?) and post it at the forums, so anyone could read it and, if they want, add some more ideas. After we have collected those ideas, we will priorize them at the next ZCC.

miky_jr: I think that the goal today is having many CONCRETE ideas, and I would ask you a favour, any time you just start every "idea" for this "brainstorming", start it with a "@"

actionpoint for miky_jr: Write the minutes asap and publish it at the forums.

List of ideas obtained from the ZCC

ie: @ buying some more food for miky_jr
@ re-reading the community council wiki and cunstruct there of a new code of conduct, a guidline for any kind of moderation creating a new rules page for the forum. effectivly we we still use the old common rules I think
@ I think that FModerators do a great job. what about increase their number?
@ fix issues with the workflow in the forum especially related to marking threads solved...
@ zentyal (community and officialy) should get attention to those who make big efforts like  http://www.utorial.org/doku.php ?
@ create offtopic forums for socializing
@ create ZCC public forum for 'political' community talk
@ zentyal stuff and forum mods. should promote ideastorrent with their answers and writings
@ create a community twitter account for social networking
@ zentyal stuff and forum mods. should promote ideastorrent with their answers and writings
@ ideatorrent... more people should be able to approve an ideas validity... I noticed ideas that where not moderated since when the damn thing started
@ restructure documentation so topics actually can be found (TRAC community documetation repository, you need at least 4 clicks to even get to it)
@ writing a brand new, well organised FAQ at the trac, written by forum moderators and some zentyal staff
@ make forum moderators also ideatorrent mods
@ make forum moderators also ideatorrent mods and other parts of the website / track etc mods
@ use google hangout (or similar) for the zcc (something with video capabilities)
@ Abolish the CA. I know it's an investor-level decision, so it's not up to mere employees to change it, but a discouraging one nevertheless. If people don't have the "I'm working for you for free" feeling, *then* they *may want* to do awesome things. Ever heard of the LibreOffice? project and their reasons to fork OO.o? :) (Contrib Agreement)
@ use BBB on a zentyal server for communication (Big Blue Button)
@ discuss at a ZCC what should appear on zentyal.org landing page (hangout session?)
@ once created a list of ideas, create an agenda for adding detail to them in smaller more concrete decissions
@ prioritise suggested options
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:39:41 pm by miky_jr »
Miguel (Miky) Julián Ramos - Developer
Zentyal - Active Exchange
www.zentyal.com