Author Topic: How can I remove a PC from zentyal ldap?  (Read 15253 times)

mgiammarco

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
How can I remove a PC from zentyal ldap?
« on: February 01, 2013, 12:15:37 pm »
Hello,
I have two pcs that cannot join my domain anymore.
Usually with windows server I go in active directory domain and I remove the PC then I can rejoin it.

How can I do the same thing in zentyal????
I tried to go in ldap:390 but I can find only users list!

Please help me!

Mario

robb

Re: How can I remove a PC from zentyal ldap?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 09:10:57 pm »
Can you install an LDAP browser on your client? (for instance jXplorer)

mgiammarco

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 12:06:43 pm »
I have apache directory studio installed, I can browse the ldap at port 390, I can see all users, but no computers.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mario

mrooks1984

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 11:19:43 am »
have you been able to do this yet?, i also need to know how to do this.
Cant believe you cant do it from the dashboard, how stupid.
Many thanks.

IPwnNoobs

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 06:04:12 pm »
Bump

bamayo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 03:16:31 pm »
I registered just so I could post this...because I was SHOCKED when I went to remove a computer from the domain and found that the trash-can 'delete' button did not work when the computer was selected.  I looked everywhere I could in the web interface for some clue or method to remove a computer account.  I found nothing.  This was a real deal breaker for me when trying to sell people on using Zentyal instead of costly Windows servers.  Maybe I missed something.  But, here is what I ended up doing:

• SSH or console terminal into Zentyal server and issue the following command:
  • sudo pdbedit -x -m NAME_OF_COMPUTER_TO_REMOVE
  • sudo userdel NAME_OF_COMPUTER_TO_REMOVE\$

You may get a user not found error on the last command and it may not be needed but I did it just to be sure.

After I did this, the computer was removed from the domain as expected.  Why is this not available in the web interface?  As I said, maybe I missed something but I could not find it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:27:02 pm by bamayo »

robb

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 05:07:23 pm »
I agree 100% with you that this should be possible from the webgui. For the time being, using a win pc and install RSAT tools doesn't work?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:09:30 pm by robb »

caswda

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 04:24:53 am »
There's a much easier way if running you know what! OS... :P which unfortunately most of us do at least as a VM... http://www.ldapadmin.org/ This is a great little app for LDAP Administration. Please, Please, Please. For your sake! Use it with caution! it is a very powerful app and could disable your entire installation...

gab

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 07:03:21 am »
I have used bamayo solution before, but now it does not work anymore. Any sugestions?

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 01:00:12 am »
1.  Open the web GUI for your Zentyal server in Firefox (not IE or Edge or Chrome or Opera or any other browser, just Firefox)
2.  Browse to Users and Computers > Manage
3.  Select the PC inquestion by clicking on it once with the mouse
4.  Click on the trash can icon at the bottom of the usersand computers window5.  If prompted to make sure - choose OK or Yes or Just Do It
5.  Look at the top right corner of the screen, if it says "Save Changes" then click on it and then click on the Save button.
DONE - easy peasy lemon squeezy
You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.

Turbotim

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 03:40:12 pm »
1.  Open the web GUI for your Zentyal server in Firefox (not IE or Edge or Chrome or Opera or any other browser, just Firefox)
3.  Select the PC in question by clicking on it once with the mouse
4.  Click on the trash can icon at the bottom of the users and computers window5.  If prompted to make sure - choose OK or Yes or Just Do It
5.  Look at the top right corner of the screen, if it says "Save Changes" then click on it and then click on the Save button.

Hi All, I know it's been a while since the last post, but I have just tried to delete a PC from Zentyal 7.0.4 following these instructions, but the trash can icon is indeed not available "Greyed Out"

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2022, 11:22:39 am »
3.  Select the PC in question by clicking on it once with the mouse
4.  Click on the trash can icon at the bottom of the users and computers window5.  If prompted to make sure - choose OK or Yes or Just Do It

Hi All, I know it's been a while since the last post, but I have just tried to delete a PC from Zentyal 7.0.4 following these instructions, but the trash can icon is indeed not available "Greyed Out"

Hi,

That action must be done via CLI or through RSAT. Below you have two methods to remove a domain computer called 'W7CL01' from Zentyal itself via CLI:

Code: [Select]
# Option 1
sudo pdbedit -x -m W7CL01

# Option 2
sudo ldbdel -v -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb CN=W7CL01,CN=Computers,DC=lab5,DC=lan

--
“This world is ours, and by the Holy Light we will keep it safe, now and forever".