Author Topic: [SOLVED] Zentyal 3 - Cannot join Domain with Windows 7 pro client  (Read 17880 times)

zentypenguin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3 - Cannot join Domain with Windows 7 pro client
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 10:35:31 pm »
Sorry, guys!

But now, it seems to work!!! After I did the last post, I started my server and I recieved an update including one for zentyal-network to version 3.0.2. I don't know, if this was the solution, but now, when I tried to join the domain, at first, I got a totally different error message concerning a problem with my entered DNS servers. In the past, I not only entered Zentyals IP address as DNS server, but also that of my router. That might be wrong.
After I deleted the IP address of the router in the network configuration of my Windows box, I could join the domain as I expected.
I tested to leave the domain and joined again, no problem.

My latest test was to delete the last fixed entered DNS server in the network adapters configuration, too, to let windows get all network informations via DHCP and this works too!

Maybe, there is somebody out there and has the same expieriences?

Thanks for reply to all,

Ralf

Kurtis

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 03:57:25 am »
My install is also working fine now, not sure what fixed it but had no problems for a while now

zentypenguin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 12:06:15 pm »
Still not satisfied!

Last weekend, I did a new fresh install, now on my future productivity hardware, but it failed again. I did twice with same result followed my personal documentation that worked for the installation in the past (5th of February).

But now, zentyal-samba version 3.0.14 was installed and now it seems, that samba does not work properly.

I couldn't find the log files log.nmbd and log.smbd in /var/log/samba as it used to be in the past. I also discovered, that the configuration file samba.stubs differs in various things from my last installation. For example wins support is missing and because of that it's set to disabled now (default value). I did a testparm to find out, that it is disabled.

What's going wrong with samba on Zentyal?

It's disappointing to me. It took half a year to let samba4 work and now it seamed to be destroyed again?

Ralf

zentypenguin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 06:42:31 pm »
Hallo all,

I did a fresh test installation of Windows 7 pro in a virtualbox and to join the domain was successful at once. Strange but OK for now. I think, the pre-installed Windows of my box might have some problems because of some custom network tools I never un-installed.

I will reinstall my box, when my Zentyal server will go productive.

Thank you all,

Ralf

daniellench

• Zen Monk
  • sudo /etc/init.d/coffee brew
    • View Profile
    • daniellench.com
Re: [SOLVED] Zentyal 3 - Cannot join Domain with Windows 7 pro client
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 04:22:55 pm »
Ralf whats the latest?

EmyrB

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 06:05:25 pm »
Sorry for hijacking a thread, but I too are experiencing exactly the same issue as Ralf. Have followed everything as people suggest and also the documentation but still can't add a Windows 7 client to a Zentyal 3.0.2 domain.

koketsomabuse

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 07:56:23 am »
Hi there

I have found that: on DHC "setting" choose Dynamic DNS Option and enable them.

Then on Win 7. Follow the Network Registration using the your Domain not the REAL nut when it come to the stage of Computer Name use REALM and all will be fine.

Regards