Author Topic: Web-Content Filter Installation  (Read 1411 times)

moonspell

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Web-Content Filter Installation
« on: May 17, 2009, 11:19:26 pm »
Hello!

Sorry for wasting extra space here with asking a very noob question.

I need to install a content filter for my company. Tried everything but couldn't find (actually understand..) how to do it. I tried Ebox install HOWTO. (Part 1) topic too.. I make DHCP server worked and got an IP with it.. but just that. I couldn't access to UI, I receive no TCP packages from server, only 2 packs when I get the IP, just that.

I've installed eBox 17 times, and working on it for 6 days (more than 10 hours in a day)... and now I decide to ask for help.. (am I late..?)

Here's the question;

Can somebody please write me a "step by step" guide which explains how to install a web-content filter?  I should filter websites on the "forbidden website list". Report users accessed websites. And if possible no proxy settings on client computers (so users must access the internet via this server). Also I'm not sure if such thing excist but if possible I want to give different permissions to users. For example, User1 can access to abc.com but User2 can't access it.

That's all I need. My Linux knowledge is not too bad, probably I can understand if you write a guide for me (and other people like me of course)

If I can solve this web-content filter problem, I'll need to limit users bandwidth. Again, I don't have any idea about that. Its not urgent but my boss will ask for that too soon...

Thanks for any help! I'll be very glad if you want to help me, or it seems I'll lose my job...

(sorry for my English, I hope I could explain my problem as intended)