Author Topic: Fosdem 2013: Call for stands  (Read 3803 times)

robb

Fosdem 2013: Call for stands
« on: December 12, 2012, 01:10:19 pm »
2 and 3 February 2013 Fosdem will take place in Brussels. I would like to know if anyone is able/willing to man a stand for/with Zentyal. There is a call for stands that will close Dec 15th. If we want to have a stand there, we have to be very quickly. I am willing to be there with a stand, but can't possibly do this alone. So only if there are at least 6 members joining, we can have a stand for both days (in a way stand members can also see a bit of the rest of Fosdem).

Please let me know ASAP if you are willing to participate and on which day(s)

This can only take place if we have enough members to fill the stand for 2 days.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:12:02 pm by robb »

robb

Re: Fosdem 2013: Call for stands
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 05:20:10 pm »
Sadly no one seems to be interested in helping out for a stand at Fosdem. I think this is a missed opportunity to spread the Zentyal word.
Maybe we should take some more time in advance for next year? But for that we do need a team of at least 6 members to take care of the stand.

I also want to point to LOADDays
This is an opensource event especially for System and Network admins.

I received this mail from the LOADDays team:

You are invited to submit a proposal to participate in the 2013 Linux Open Administration Days in Wilrijk, Belgium on March 31st - April 1st.

The Linux Open Administration Days is a conference focusing on Linux and Open Administration, we are trying to fill a gap for System Engineers and Administrators using Open Source technologies.

We are looking for presentations that will be of interest for the above mentioned group, such as Automatic Deployments, Virtualization, Clustering, Configuration Management , Systems Monitoring , Groupware installations, Data center Management Frameworks, Linux Distributions, File systems, and so on … We are seeking submissions for Presentations, Tutorials and Open Spaces.

Presentations are 45 minute presentations of technical content, tutorials will be 2 hour sessions teaching the audience how to use a technology from the ground up and open Spaces are sessions where the crowd will discuss a problem or idea in group.

We would ask you to prepare a short description of your proposed presentation so we can review it together with a small Biography which we can post on the event's website if your presentation is accepted. We are accepting proposals as of now till March 1st, 2013

Information on how to submit your talk : http://loadays.org/pages/cfp-info.html

We will inform you by mail whether your presentation/talk is accepted or not.

In case you need extra information or have a question, you can always mail to info@loadays.org

You can always forward this email to people you know and who might be interested in submitting a proposal.

Kind regards,

LOAD team

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

ichat

• Zen Hero
  • RTFM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 03:22:15 pm »
Fosdem is a little out or reach atm for me, but Load SHOULD be perfectly fine,

as im not even sure if ill be abble to attend  fosdem for a single day...  i couldn't make any promise...  load however is a lot closer and if there is interest   i think that arangements could be made.

if anyone wants to talk about it  just send me a short message.
All tips hints and advices are based on my personal experience.
As I try my best to be as accurate as possible, following my advice is always at your own risk,
I claim absolutely NO responsibility in any way!

robb

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 07:10:05 pm »
I sent a mail to LOAD organisation for info for a stand. However, I don't think it is likely a stand will be possible since no stands were present in the LOAD events of the past years.

Still the event is interesting since LOAD is fully focussed on the people that might be interested in Zentyal: Opensource Sysadmins.

ian

• Community Council Member
  • Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
    • Familie site
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:51:06 pm »
Hello Robb,

If you need some help, you can count on me.
( VUB Brussels is not so evident to drive to for me ).

As you already said in your post it is maybe better to prepare the events with a few interested members of the forum.
Therefore meeting is more efficient than contacts only via the forum.

Best regards,
Ian

robb

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 12:06:32 pm »
Hi Ian,

Thnx for the support.
Today I received a mail from LOAD organisation:
dag Rob,

We zullen de mogelijkheid tot het opzetten van een stand in de volgende meetings bespreken en jou op de hoogte houden.

Groeten,
LOAD team

translates:
Hi Rob,
We will consider the possibility of having a stand in our next meetings. We will keep you posted

regards,
LOAD team